Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Am I able to apply for finance in Feb 2017 using my predicted income for the April 2017-18 tax year? My income will drop by more than 15% from March onwards but do I need to actually wait until April 2017 for it to class as the 'current year'

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for finance, but I believe your income won't affect how much you get if you study with the OU as you won't be getting a Maintenance loan or grant only the tuition fees. So you should be entitled to the full tuition fee loan whether your income drops or not. For full time uni it is the Maintenance loan and grant amount which is dependent on yours or your parent's income.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.