Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten myself into a tizz after preparing to quit my job to study full time through the OU in October 2017. I've been told today that i wouldnt qualify for a full time tuition fee loan or a maintenance loan when studying with the OU because student finance see the OU as part time only.
    Can anyone tell me if they've qualified for a full time tuition fee and/or maintenance loan?
    Feeling like my dreams have just been shattered 😢
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You have been correctly informed, all OU study is considered part-time for student finance purposes. You can still take out a tuition fee loan, but not a maintenance loan. However, the government is currently considering plans to give part-time students maintenance loans from 2018 (although if they do, they may only be available to students who have not already started their degree).

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.