Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When was last time you had sex? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am international student from Syria. Because of my cultural and religious background it has been difficult for me to make sexual contact with girls. Everyone around me here at Durham university seems to have good sex life but I have no girl in my life. I am not a religious person but that cultural burden has made it very difficult for me to approach girls. I really need your help and advice. I know not having a good sex life is not the worst thing that can happen to someone, especially for me where I was almost about to get killed in Syria and have lost family members , but now that I am studying here in UK I cannot close my eyes and not see the realities of life here which are very different from back home. These days my level of frustration is really hurting me and I did not find a better way than opening up here. Thanks for reading !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    I am international student from Syria. Because of my cultural and religious background it has been difficult for me to make sexual contact with girls. Everyone around me here at Durham university seems to have good sex life but I have no girl in my life. I am not a religious person but that cultural burden has made it very difficult for me to approach girls. I really need your help and advice. I know not having a good sex life is not the worst thing that can happen to someone, especially for me where I was almost about to get killed in Syria and have lost family members , but now that I am studying here in UK I cannot close my eyes and not see the realities of life here which are very different from back home. These days my level of frustration is really hurting me and I did not find a better way than opening up here. Thanks for reading !
    I last had sex last april possibly? Just before my long term partner broke up with me.
    Sex reallg isnt the be all and end all of a relationship though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    Be friends with girls. If you haven't been able to have the normal interactions with girls that most other people here have, you're going to have to learn and be comfortable before you get intimate with anymore, or it may be an unpleasant shock to the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Too long ago 😐

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Be friends with girls. If you haven't been able to have the normal interactions with girls that most other people here have, you're going to have to learn and be comfortable before you get intimate with anymore, or it may be an unpleasant shock to the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much. I am trying to. But meanwhile the sexual frustration is too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    Thank you very much. I am trying to. But meanwhile the sexual frustration is too much
    Do you have something you can do to take your mind of it?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Never, had several chances to have it and missed my chance doesn't help I have a high sex drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Do you have something you can do to take your mind of it?
    I am a master's student, that means lots of reading, I go to gym almost daily too, but you know such things do not replace I have tried few times to be part of the community here but it seems being a foreigner it is not that easy.

ReputationRep:
    Im 17 so it's not too surprising i've never had sex.

The amount of time until i do though in seconds is roughly 1/0

ReputationRep:
    You need to ask the White girls if they want any of your Arabian spice.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    Never, had several chances to have it and missed my chance doesn't help I have a high sex drive.
    Well damn.

ReputationRep:
    You'll regret saying that.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    You'll regret saying that.
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    You need to ask the White girls if they want any of your Arabian spice.

Well damn.
    I've had quite a few offers on here for sex but I turn them down :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I used to be really bad for this, back when I believe in true love and decency.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    When me and my boyfriend were dating, I saved myself because we had planned to marry lol, now I realise how crazy I was :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I was very reasonable with my pricing. I have to make a living too Rhythmical.

ReputationRep:
    i still believe :cry2:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I was very reasonable with my pricing. I have to make a living too Rhythmical.
    :rofl: is this why you slid in my PM's? :hmmm: it was too cheap to be honest, you should charge more and offer extra services. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: is this why you slid in my PM's? :hmmm: it was too cheap to be honest, you should charge more and offer extra services. :mmm:
    You're right, I shouldn't pity yeh.

Jaysus..settle down yeh swede.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    you have (ostensibly) recently arrived from a war-zone and your biggest current concern is that you haven't had sex with someone (in Britain) yet?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You're right, I shouldn't pity yeh.

Jaysus..settle down yeh swede.
    I'm not a Swede they are known for their wild antics, I am an impostor. :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.