Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Locahay)
    Yes same, got mine on Friday
    Hi Locahay, good luck with your coaching interview. Let us know how you get on and any tips ?

ReputationRep:
    I also have the telephone coaching interview. If anyone has already done it, please let us know how it goes and any tips etc.

ReputationRep:
    I had my telephone coaching interview this morning - lots of scenario based questions and some generic motivational ones too. I think it went well but can't be totally sure - how did everyone else find theirs? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paraglide_crazy)
    I had my telephone coaching interview this morning - lots of scenario based questions and some generic motivational ones too. I think it went well but can't be totally sure - how did everyone else find theirs? :-)
    Well done! I've got mine on Thursday. Were the format of the situational questions the same as in the online interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paraglide_crazy)
    Thank you! :-)

They were nowhere near as difficult as the video interview questions. Firstly they ask about your motivation for applying, what the graduate scheme offers that others don't, what excites you about Heathrow's expansion and future plans etc. and then they move on to the situational questions. Off the top of my head they were:

You are chatting to customers and you get very negative feedback about particular employees and airlines - how do you deal with this?
    How do you deal with positive feedback?
    How do you deal with customer's suggestions?

A generic question about being under pressure with lots of deadlines and how you would cope with this, and another question asking how you deal with setbacks.

I can't remember the rest but there wasn't anything really tricky! It was a bit awkward because when you finish answering the line is silent for quite a while - I think the guy must be making notes on your answers at this stage because I kept wondering if the line had gone dead!!

Good luck :-)
    Thank you so much- sounds like you smashed it! Fingers crossed for all of us!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we will hear the results of the telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure the interviewer said from the 6th onwards we'll find out.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope - expecting to hear by the end of this week :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At the end of my interview, the lady said that the Assessment Centre would be scheduled for the week beginning 13th.... that doesn't leave much time..

ReputationRep:
    Was invited to assessment centre yesterday. Which is on the 15th - next wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiya1)
    Was invited to assessment centre yesterday. Which is on the 14th.
    Congrats! When did you have your phone interview?

ReputationRep:
    Had it on that Friday, 24th Feb.

Has anyone else been invited to an AC? What date have you got?

ReputationRep:
    I just got an invitation - had the choice of 14th, 15th or 16th so I went for 14th. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here, i chose the 15th... how are people preparing? we haven't been given all that much info on what we'll be doing..

ReputationRep:
    Hi,Did you have to do any psychometric tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiya1)
    Pretty sure the interviewer said from the 6th onwards we'll find out.
    Hi pls how long did it take to hear back from Heathrow after your telephone interview

Best regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doll96)
    Hi pls how long did it take to hear back from Heathrow after your telephone interview

Best regards
    heyho. it was between 1-2 weeks if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I applied for Heathrow's Engineering Professional Development Trainee scheme aka Engineering Graduate Scheme, I know it's different to the one being discussed, but thought the format for the AC would be fairly similar. I only had an application form and then an email with the details of the date, time and location of the AC (1/6/17).

Can anyone that has already had theirs shed some light as to what I am to expect or if they received any further information closer to the time?
    Also, with regards to psychometric testing, would you happen to remember what company they use i.e. SHL, City and Guilds, Savilles etc.

Many Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for this for the 2018 intake? I am planning on doing the video interview in the next couple days so any info on what comes up would be fantastic! Thanks a lot

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.