Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is the right forum to post it in since the Study Abroad one is archived but here goes:
    I'm studying Games Development at LJMU in Liverpool and I'm applying for something called the Go Global program where I can do extra merit towards my degree in another country. I've decided to go to Japan because (short of being a massive fan of anime) I like the language and the different culture compared to a lot of the western world. I have three weeks from Friday to submit the application, and I'm not entirely sure where to start looking for accommodation. I have checked hostels on Hostel World but the ones in the area I may be working (Shinjuku, Tokyo) only seem to have free beds in their female dorm for the date I may be going (July).

TL;DR
    • Planning to work in Japan for a few weeks in July
    • Not sure where to find accommodation in Shinjuku, Tokyo

ReputationRep:
    I picked a random 3 weeks on Hotels.com in July and found a bunch in the £400-£500 ish range for the whole duration, just look around on there and other sites and see what you find.

ReputationRep:
    There is a really good hostel in Ikebukuro that is only a couple of stations away from Shinjuku on the Yamanote line. It's called the Sakura-Hotel Ikebukuro, and it's super affordable, close to the station. They also have accommodation in other parts of the city, so make sure to check that out if Ikebukuro is booked up.

Ikebukuro is great if you're interested in Japanese culture, it currently has the largest animate and is an alternative to Akihabara when it comes to all things anime. It is geared more towards a female audiance, but there is plenty for guys too. It has maid cafes, Toranoana... etc.

I hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.