Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Studying 6 (7 If Spanish Included) GCSE Subjects in 1/2 Year Course Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi =)

I'd like to ask if what you guys feel it would be like to study 6 GCSE subjects including
    - Geography
    - English
    - Psychology
    - Business Studies
    - Mathematics
    - Sociology
    - Spanish

I'd like to study, here in London therefore I still must find a college. I would greatly appreciate an in-depth answer. I will also need to be working to support myself, I live independently. I calculate I'll be working around 20 hours a week. The reason I may/may not include Spanish simply to be able to focus on the other subjects but I'm passionate about learning Spanish & living the Barcelona life one day!

What do you think? Is it possible?
    - I consider myself organised & well, I believe I can put the dedication into it.

Gracias!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikaRoza)
    Hi =)

I'd like to ask if what you guys feel it would be like to study 6 GCSE subjects including
    - Geography
    - English
    - Psychology
    - Business Studies
    - Mathematics
    - Sociology
    - Spanish

I'd like to study, here in London therefore I still must find a college. I would greatly appreciate an in-depth answer. I will also need to be working to support myself, I live independently. I calculate I'll be working around 20 hours a week. The reason I may/may not include Spanish simply to be able to focus on the other subjects but I'm passionate about learning Spanish & living the Barcelona life one day!

- I consider myself organised & well, I believe I can put the dedication into it.

Gracias!
    Yes obviously, and just remember not to overwork yourself instead focus mainly in your studies.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi =)

- Geography
    - English
    - Psychology
    - Business Studies
    - Mathematics
    - Sociology
    - Spanish

Gracias!
    I doubt you will find a college willing to teach you 6 or 7 GCSE over a half year period unless you approach one of the expensive private tutorial colleges that are more flexible in what they will do. A normal college would only take you in September to take the exams in the following summer and may not offer all of your choices at GCSE level.
    Whether you could learn it all in a year or more quickly in some other way and still pass with good grades will depend upon your prior knowledge, ability and effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    I doubt you will find a college willing to teach you 6 or 7 GCSE over a half year period unless you approach one of the expensive private tutorial colleges that are more flexible in what they will do. A normal college would only take you in September to take the exams in the following summer and may not offer all of your choices at GCSE level.
    Whether you could learn it all in a year or more quickly in some other way and still pass with good grades will depend upon your prior knowledge, ability and effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't start now no, I would start next September! And I mean 1 year or 2 year course, not half!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't start now no, I would start next September! And I mean 1 year or 2 year course, not half!
    Ah ok sorry I misunderstood, then that would be very achievable. As you are older than 16 the only challenge is finding a college that will teach those subjects to older students. The assumption is that you do GCSE at school aged 14-16. Colleges concentrate on what you do next. For those with adequate GCSE results that would be A level or level 3 BTEC. For those who didn't do well, they tend to offer a limited selection of GCSE and then a range of level 2 BTEC qualifications. There are lots of colleges in London so hopefully you can find one suited to your goals. Whether there will be any cost depends on several factors including your age and employment status.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.