Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In my second year of univeristy I got overall 2.1,i've now just done my first semester of third year and got one 2.1 and two 2.2s. im worried if leave my third year of uni with only 4 sets of 2.1 out of the 6 modules, i wont get the 2.1 i need, will i need to redo one of my modules in order to get 2.1 overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyPerkin1993)
    In my second year of univeristy I got overall 2.1,i've now just done my first semester of third year and got one 2.1 and two 2.2s. im worried if leave my third year of uni with only 4 sets of 2.1 out of the 6 modules, i wont get the 2.1 i need, will i need to redo one of my modules in order to get 2.1 overall
    You will be able to avearge a 2.1 overall if you can get high 2.1 (65% or above) in the 4 modules with 2.2 (just 50%) in the other 2 modules.

When you mean leave, do you mean drop out of the University?

I do not think you will be able to redo one of your modules, especially if you get 40% or above in it. I would advice you also check your University policy as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi well ll be honest i currently got 62% on one module, failed another module, then waiting on the other but I don't think it was my best work, I don't know if i can just resit two modules next year without it being cut? otherwise I have worked it out that if i get top 2.1 marks I could get a 59.8something will that be rounded up to a 2.1 overall?

ReputationRep:
    It rather depends on the structure of your course and how each year is weighted. Can't really answer definitively without this information.

ReputationRep:
    well Ive being told it top 4 grades at second year which are two sets of 68s 65 and a 63. then its top 5 modules in third year but if it close they might look at your second year results and swap one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.