Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

House mates ditching me out of everything Watch

I am at uni and had 3 great friends we would go everywhere at year 1. I am a guy and all 3 are female 2 same coure and on similar. However we got a house together, as me thinking I could not have asked for better house mates. The start of the year was ok I guess we went out once on my birthday but then things turned south. I find out they keep going places without me or even telling me where they are or went.

It's not going out which is making me upset is that all 3 of as a group and not inluding me. I find out if I even bother to ask now that they went bowling or cinema and are having great times. They are constalty chatting and leaving me out of it. It is gotten to the point where I just presume they ditch me all the time and I never even ask. I even had to unfriend them on social media just so I won't find out and get more upset. I asked them if they could at least make the effort to invite me to things but they instantly turned the tide to me and blaming me for it. Then the next day I fidn out through snapchat they went out without me again.

It's really painful as it is not just friends I know at uni, these are my housemates so I can hear everything when I am in my room. They never talk to me but have hour long convos with each toehr and another friend who always hang out now.

It may seem like a little thing but it is really getting to me I have voiced it out at least twice and still no effort.

I have been the one starting convos only once in the whole semester since September start 2016, have they started a conversation with me first. I am having to find out where they have been and only if I ask they tell me.

It's really upsetting and I can't stop thinking about it and it hurs everytime tey are chatting and playing boardgames as a group downstairs and I can hear everything.

I hav kepy to myself and ignored them for the past 3 weeks not got to lectures with them. I have said twice how it hurts but nothing has changed, they don't seem bothered.

It really hurts and I have told them but nothing. Also what hurts more is I have to put up with it for the next 6 months. Every day for the next 6 months.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am at uni and had 3 great friends we would go everywhere at year 1. I am a guy and all 3 are female 2 same coure and on similar. However we got a house together, as me thinking I could not have asked for better house mates. The start of the year was ok I guess we went out once on my birthday but then things turned south. I find out they keep going places without me or even telling me where they are or went.

It's not going out which is making me upset is that all 3 of as a group and not inluding me. I find out if I even bother to ask now that they went bowling or cinema and are having great times. They are constalty chatting and leaving me out of it. It is gotten to the point where I just presume they ditch me all the time and I never even ask. I even had to unfriend them on social media just so I won't find out and get more upset. I asked them if they could at least make the effort to invite me to things but they instantly turned the tide to me and blaming me for it. Then the next day I fidn out through snapchat they went out without me again.

It's really painful as it is not just friends I know at uni, these are my housemates so I can hear everything when I am in my room. They never talk to me but have hour long convos with each toehr and another friend who always hang out now.

It may seem like a little thing but it is really getting to me I have voiced it out at least twice and still no effort.

I have been the one starting convos only once in the whole semester since September start 2016, have they started a conversation with me first. I am having to find out where they have been and only if I ask they tell me.

It's really upsetting and I can't stop thinking about it and it hurs everytime tey are chatting and playing boardgames as a group downstairs and I can hear everything.

I hav kepy to myself and ignored them for the past 3 weeks not got to lectures with them. I have said twice how it hurts but nothing has changed, they don't seem bothered.

It really hurts and I have told them but nothing. Also what hurts more is I have to put up with it for the next 6 months. Every day for the next 6 months.
    If they are treating you like this, then they aren't worth your time worrying about it. Have you considered joining societies and the like to meet new people?

ReputationRep:
    This seems really weird - what have they actually said when you've brought it up? You say they blamed you but in what way?

Either way at this point I'd write them off. Make your own new friends and get out of the house as much as possible and you'll feel a lot better - 6 months will pass before you know it.

One of them said that they tried engaging which is a lie and keep saying that all of this stuff was not planned so that's why I am never invited and that I am welcome to join anytime I want they won't stop me. But what is that? You can join anytime you want, I won't stop you. It's like I am now a optional person in everything and I can join at my own will but how can I join when I never get invited or even know about this stuff until after it happened?

I think what it is, is that they have become so close to antoehr friend that they have forgotten or are pushing me away. Maybe so I move out so they can take my room. I don't know, then blaming me everytime I say something about it and denying everything.

It's just getting to the point that I wish I never even knew them! I'll have to let them go and just tank through the 6 months and see if I can find somewhere else to stay next year. thanks guys

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.