Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does the University of Law deliver the same LLB as regular universities? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I was planning on applying to the UoL and my question is whether the bachelor LLB delivered by them was the same as the one delivered by regular universities.

They mentioned on their website that the program they offered was quite different from the regular one as "more professional" and that's why I was wondering.

Could I get into a public university for my LLM after completing a LLB at the University of Law?

Thank you in advance
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chainaga)
    Hi there!

I was planning on applying to the UoL and my question is whether the bachelor LLB delivered by them was the same as the one delivered by regular universities.

They mentioned on their website that the program they offered was quite different from the regular one as "more professional" and that's why I was wondering.

Could I get into a public university for my LLM after completing a LLB at the University of Law?

Thank you in advance
    If you're interested in an academic law career (through taking an LLM and presumably carrying on to a PhD or teaching qualification) then UoL is probably not the best option. Their focus and background is in getting people qualified as solicitors.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Thank you a lot for your help!

Does this mean that the qualification I get is different ?
    • Very Important Poster

Imo yes and yes, akthough that is not taking into account prestige. You dont tell us what A levels you have to uage what mainstream unis you could apply to. It will still be a qualifying law degree.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The qualification is not any different to any other qualifying law degree.

The institution's reputation is though. It isn't a full service university, in a sense it doesn't offer all the forms of support you get with a public university. It doesn't have strong ties to the professions though given its strong professional qualification courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.