Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    AngryJellyfish i'm gonna be afk next week from like monday morning to friday evening, hope this doesn't muck things up...:I
    I'll move you up the list so that you're this week. Cheers for letting me know!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Update: 17 people to go. :whip:

ReputationRep:
    so sloooooow
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Since I was asked for an update: 16 people to go. :yawn:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm we're now half-way through the list! :yay:

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
      I can confirm we're now half-way through the list! :yay:
      :woo:

ReputationRep:
      (I know I'm not in the list, so not sure if I'm meant to post, but it would be really fun if we could do a second round of this after you guys are done!)
      • TSR Support Team
      • Peer Support Volunteers
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      :grumble: etc
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Treblebee)
      (I know I'm not in the list, so not sure if I'm meant to post, but it would be really fun if we could do a second round of this after you guys are done!)
      You're free to post here, no worries! :p: Regarding a second round, I might need some time to recover after weeks of chasing people up on a daily basis, but I'd be up for doing another someday. :yes: That's assuming nobody else fancies running it next time!

(Original post by Paracosm)
      :grumble: etc
      Given the amount of :grumble:ing, I'll be expecting yours back in record time. :hmmm:

10 people to go...

ReputationRep:
      You're free to post here, no worries! :p: Regarding a second round, I might need some time to recover after weeks of chasing people up on a daily basis, but I'd be up for doing another someday. :yes: That's assuming nobody else fancies running it next time!

Given the amount of :grumble:ing, I'll be expecting yours back in record time. :hmmm:

10 people to go...
      Ah ok, fair enough! XD I empathise with you... (having run a similar thing myself)! Kinda stressful, right?
      I might consider running it... but I'll have to give it some thought.
      • Community Assistant
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      Maybe you should bribe people - reply within 2 hours and get rep.
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      After a week particularly plagued with delays and dropouts, four people left...
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      After a week particularly plagued with delays and dropouts, four people left...
      oh dear
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      :excited:
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      :/ Doh! I missed the sign up ...
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      Just two people left now... one of whom only has 9 hours or so to get back to me. :whip: So we're looking at Wednesday, potentially Thursday at the latest for the final results.

Of course, it's still possible for it to end today, too. :whip:
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      Results incoming... assuming Doris doesn't steal my electricity again. :cry2:
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Woooo

ReputationRep:
      Results incoming... assuming Doris doesn't steal my electricity again. :cry2:
      :woo::yay:
      • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
      It's been a long time coming... looking back at the beginning of the thread, I was so young and naive, thinking we'd be done in time for the Chinese New Year weekend. I still had hair back then too. :moon:

Without further ado, here is the full chain, along with my comments in bold.

The first whisper, by AJ (with help from shadowdweller):
      'Donald Trump is building the Great Wall of China. His hair looks like a rooster. Behind him, a Chinese lion is ready to pounce'

IamAHuman drew the following:

I mean... that's clearly a tiger. But meh, it's a zodiac animal, I'll allow it!

bizzy_penguin interpreted this as:
      The image show a flag at the top - near the flag there is a brown castle with lots of turrets. Also, there is a path where a man and a tiger are standing on a path that leads to the castle. The man is wearing a blue blazer and red tie - he looks a little like Barack Obama. He is holding something which has a signature on it & is wearing some kind of hat. Both the man and tiger are cross because the sky is green, the tiger is ready to pounce on the man.

I get Trump and Obama confused all the time as well. It's like there hasn't even been a change in President at all!

ChickenMadness produced this masterpiece:

The artist apologized for not being able to draw the conflict hinted at in the description. I was more confused by Obama's flowing locks and attire TBH, but could hardly reject this image.

XOR_ provided these detailed bullet points:
      - Small medieval castle in the near distance (slightly on the left of the image), three towers and a red flag on the top of the left (tallest) tower.

- Three mountains in the background, grey in tone. (one of the left, two on the right of the image)

- Sunny day though the sun is not visible as it's outside the range of the
      picture (on the far left)

- Humpy green terrain, the castle rests on one of the humps (3 large humps visible in the image)

- A man with a pet tiger in the foreground (on the right) are walking towards the castle,
      the area they are standing on is light brown dirt (likely a walking path), the only area of the terrain that is not grass/mountain.

- The man looks tall and thin (a little like a scarecrow), with a tall top hat, long grey hair blowing in the wind, he's white with a blue top and pants.

- The man has one hand (his left) resting on the tiger.

The tiger has his head slightly turned looking towards the viewer.

With such a good description, surely the next image will look near-identical!? :zomg:

Over to Rhythmical~

The characters are facing the opposite direction, and are now transparent, but other than that the images could be photocopies of each other! :yep:

Kwaks' take on the image:
      A man walking his pet rat up a hill on a sunny day. In the background are three mountains and one has a helicopter landing pad. The mountains are in the middle of the sea

RIP Great Wall of China / generic castle.

Snufkin's speed drawing:

And so began the adventures of Red Hair Yellow Shirt Blue Trousers Pet Walker...

sarahx saw the following:
      I can see a man with ginger hair wearing a yellow top and blue trousers. Paired with black shoes. He's walking down a green path with his pet. Idk if it's supposed to be a dog :rofl: Sunshine, blue sky & mountains.

RIP Helicopter. You were so young. :moon:

Moura gave me this in response:

Hard to imagine this happy image ever had origins steeped in conflict!

homeland.lsw's account:
      so, a man with a yellow shirt and lightly washed jeans is walking his little brown dog, looks very generic, kinda like a happy Rottweiler. the man seems to be waving at someone off screen, but he could just be walking along very gaily. and who wouldn't in this weather. a nice clear blue sky and a shining sun. he seems to be walking along a grass path and theres a very large mountain range behind him. some of these mountains have snow peaks.

oh aaaaaand the man is ginger

Very detailed.

TSR Chinese Whispers creator MrDystopia's image:

Get used to this scene, there's a few more to come...

TheOtherSide.'s colourful chronicle:
      There is a boy who is wearing a daffodil-coloured t-shirt with one vertical coal-black line on it and abnormally long sleeves and has paired this with azure trousers. He has tangerine hair that is shooting up at places like tendrils of fire. The boy is walking his monobrowed tuscan tan dog-cat mutant creature and is using a cinnabar-coloured leash to do so. A significant portion of the leash appears to have been glued on to the right hand side of the half-cat-half-dog's face somehow. The two are on a chartreuse path that meanders through a field of dark malachite grass, while a raw umber mountain range of four mountains with ivory peaks takes up almost one half of the background. The aureolin sun is on the top right and is emitting what looks like worms in a radial manner. Oh, and the sky is blue.

Sometimes, the descriptions were even more of a treat than the images. This being a fine example. :rofl:

IKEAPanda37 put together:

Love your take on a cat-dog mutant. :p: Ivory isn't usually green, however...

Will wolfmoon88's words keep this image unchanged?
      Donald Trump with orange hair wearing a Yellow Jacket, a Black Shirt and Blue Trousers and Blue shoes taking his cat, which has one broken ear and is the color of dirt brown for a walk. (red leash) They are walking on green grasslands. In the background there's a forest, which is so full of trees that you couldn't see the individual trees, on a mountain side. At the top of the mountain side there are 4 weird looking brown peaks with green snow caps. There is two sub peaks for the second peak and three sub peaks for the last peak. The first peak is smaller than the secoond peak and the second peak is smaller than the third peak, the third peak is the tallest and the fourth peak has a similar height to the first peaks. The sky is blue and there is a huge yellow sun drawn on the top right of the picture. The picture was drawn in Paint.

Better yet, Trump's triumphant return could see this loop back to the start! :zomg:

No pressure, AndrewSCO...

That broken ear looks painful.

prazzyjazzy's turn to describe:
      Alrighty, there's some sort of mountain/large hill. Behind it, to the left, is a tree. The sky is blue and cloudless, and the sun is shining in the right-hand corner (its a bit shy today . On the mountain are strange triangular trees (?). There are 4 of them, all different sizes, with green tops and odd triangle shaped things on them(???). In front of the tree is a blonde man walking his cat, which is on a red leash. That is all.

Or I may be completely wrong and its actually a pyramid and the Illuminati clan/human triangles offering burnt doritos to a cat demon.

I REALLY hoped the next person would take that second interpretation. :toofunny:

AmeliaLost's art:

But in keeping to the first description, you probably did more to preserve the chain than I did. :p: And finally, our protagonist has changed clothes!

Slowbro93's analysis:
      I see a cat on a chain, where the owner is a woman. They are both walking through a forest of trees that grow Doritos on them based on a hill, and the sun is smiling at them.

How did we get from snow-capped mountains to Dorito trees, anyway? :p:

KaylaB was up next:

Any traces of Trump are now once again lost. :rip:

Paracosm's lightning-fast response:
      OK, it looks to me like a caucasian woman with a wry smile, wearing a purple dress and small black shoes (it's a profile view of her face, you can just about see 1 eye and her smile) is walking a small ginger cat with a red collar and grey lead (the cat's body is profile, its head is portrait and faces the viewer) through a hilly, forest-y area. The trees aren't close together, and are about 2cm apart. There are 5 and a half trees visible (the last one on the far right of the picture is cut off). The sky is a pale blue and the sun is clearly visible in the right corner with two black dots for eyes and a smile too. It also has small tentacle things, like you would draw on a sun when you were in primary school, to demonstrate the sun's rays I presume.

The trees have long, brown bark which leads up to three 'sections of tree'. Each shaped like a circle. The far right section is small in size and has a triangular yellow fruit on it, this is the same for the far left section. Both of these sections are at the top of the bark. There is a third section which is on top of the left and right sections. It is slightly larger and has 3 or so of these triangular fruits on it - this repeats for every tree. However, try and randomise the amount of yellow triangular fruit on each tree as they're not all the same.

On the hill, there is grass. It's a dark green. The woman is walking on the steep incline of the hill, towards a small, flat area of grass at the bottom. This flat area is located in the right of the image, the hill is located on the left.

TL;DR.

Pictures from Short Stories: CheeseIsVeg's entry

Looks like the purple dress is becoming the new theme...

retro_turtles' brief synopsis:
      A girl in a purple dress, taking her cat for a walk on a sunny day

RIP Dorito-trees.

And finally, Airmed's concluding piece:

RIP hills and mountains... but the human and feline main characters made it all the way through, even if they don't look much like they did at the start. :p:

Kwaks Moura prazzyjazzy Snufkin Rhythmical hezzlington Airmed Paracosm MrDystopia retro_turtles Slowbro93 IKEAPanda37 AndrewSCO KaylaB CheeseIsVeg wolfmoon88 AmeliaLost sarahx bizzy_penguin IamAHuman TheOtherSide. homeland.lsw junayd1998 XOR_ similarBlank tasha_tah ChickenMadness

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.