Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello i have to choose an accommodation residence and i want to ask what is better ? to choose a residences that university of Glasgow offers such as queen Margaret residence or a private accommodation such as Gibson street or Thurso street? thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you want from the experience. Do you want to live in halls which may be more social and noisy or would you rather live with people who you may or may know or may or may not get to know but live in a quieter and maybe nice place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iriniv99)
    hello i have to choose an accommodation residence and i want to ask what is better ? to choose a residences that university of Glasgow offers such as queen Margaret residence or a private accommodation such as Gibson street or Thurso street? thank you
    Between the uni halls and the company run ones, I'd suggest the uni ones. They are much cheaper, and you're more likely to get first year students too.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, hope you don't mind me butting in here! I agree with the above posters that it depends on what you might want from the experience and of course your own personal requirements like budget, etc.

I work at Bridge House, a Fresh Student Living student accommodation site. We are a private accommodation provider and we do offer an array of features that university owned accommodation doesn't.

We are only 128 beds so if you're looking for a slightly quieter student experience with a mix of first years and other students this is the place to be. We also have a gym on site and loads of beautiful social space which a lot of university providers aren't able to offer.

If this sounds like something that interests you why not have a look at our website? http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/bridge-house/

Lilith
    Bridge House Senior Customer Service Assistant

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.