The Student Room Group

Request for interim transcript from old uni by U. of Edinburgh

I'm applying for Maths BSc at Edinburgh (among others) and they have sent me a message via their web portal making it clear they need the interim transcript from my old university, Durham.

By old uni, I mean I was at Durham (started 2012) studying the same course I'm applying for now, but I dropped out (I failed the second year). The exam results in second year are the result of mental problems. I didn't turn up for them.

I briefly mentioned anxiety as reason for dropping out of Durham in my personal statement, made it clear I'm better now. My marks weren't all bad if you look at work throughout the year rather than just exams, but exams in first year were borderline (some resits).

I hadn't heard of 'interim transcript', but seems to be all my results from my time there, interim meaning the course wasn't completed. I don't know if I can just send Durham an email asking for them.

'Official' transcripts are printed on special stationary, Durham sells them on their website, but it doesn't mention interim, and details it asks for implies it's for people who have completed their course or still in it. I also don't know it this is necessary as Edinburgh didn't say 'official'.

Any advice?

UPDATE: I contacted Durham and they agreed to scan and email the physical transcript if I ordered one; this worked out fine (they did it very quickly). I uploaded it to Edinburgh on their portal (which strangely doesn't doesn't let you see what you've sent/uploaded) but haven't heard back from them. It probably didn't help much though, since my exam marks were so bad...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lukeuser
I'm applying for Maths BSc at Edinburgh (among others) and they have sent me a message via their web portal making it clear they need the interim transcript from my old university, Durham.

By old uni, I mean I was at Durham (started 2012) studying the same course I'm applying for now, but I dropped out (I failed the second year). The exam results in second year are the result of mental problems. I didn't turn up for them.

I briefly mentioned anxiety as reason for dropping out of Durham in my personal statement, made it clear I'm better now. My marks weren't all bad if you look at work throughout the year rather than just exams, but exams in first year were borderline (some resits).

I hadn't heard of 'interim transcript', but seems to be all my results from my time there, interim meaning the course wasn't completed. I don't know if I can just send Durham an email asking for them.

'Official' transcripts are printed on special stationary, Durham sells them on their website, but it doesn't mention interim, and details it asks for implies it's for people who have completed their course or still in it. I also don't know it this is necessary as Edinburgh didn't say 'official'.

Any advice?

Ring up the registry team and ask if they're able to provide anything less formal for the use of Edinburgh or whether you need to use the online shop service.
https://www.dur.ac.uk/student.registry/contacts/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending