Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am Grace and I have an interview for a Social Work Course at Manchester Metropolitan University in March and I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me an idea of what types of questions they ask in the interviews and what to wear, please?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    People will not be allowed to give you interview questions and it's unfair. In terms of dress, formal is always advisable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace-sa-Griffin)
    Hi, I am Grace and I have an interview for a Social Work Course at Manchester Metropolitan University in March and I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me an idea of what types of questions they ask in the interviews and what to wear, please?
    Hey Grace,
    I had Social Work interview on the 26th. I wore smart clothing, a skirt, blouse, black tights and smart dolly shoes. In the interview they asked questions about what makes a good social worker aka skills. What skills you've got from past experiences like personal experiences and voluntary work. They asked about what is indirect and direct discrimination and how to overcome it. They asked how about vulnerable people. When they say do you have any questions I would advise you to ask something about the course which makes you look interested. I asked what practical activities they do for their students. The day after 27th I received an offer but it was an offer for the Social Care course instead of the Social Work course which is better than a rejection. At least they think I have potential. Good luck, keep calm and do your best!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.