Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Brief:
    As part of History Week, we're launching a TSR Tardis project. We'll be travelling through time with the Doctor, and visiting defining moments in history... but what happens after that is up to you!

Each day, you'll be given a scenario or point in history, and a question you'll have to answer. Maybe you'll be dropped in the day before Lincoln's Assassination, and asked what you;d do next; do you warn him? Or do you let events happen naturally?

There's no right or wrong answer, just whatever you want to do... whether you'd try and stop an event from happening, or would just have an explore of the time period, we want to hear about it, and the reasons why :holmes:

Scenario:
    You're walking home one day when you hear an unfamiliar rumbling coming from the alley behind you. Turning around you're unsure what to expect, though your curiosity has been piqued. What you definitely didn't expect to see, however, is the site that greets you... in the alleyway, you can see an old police box, the kind you're sure was removed years ago. You don't have long to reminisce on this though, as already the doors are opening inwards, and a scowling older man, wearing sunglasses, leans out and calls out to you.

"Come on, do hurry up now, we don't have time to dillydally!" he says, gesturing for you to follow him back into the police box. "What are you just standing there for, didn't I just tell you we were in a rush?"

Deciding the day can't get much stranger, you walk obediently over to him, and proceed apprehensively into the police box. You look around you in awe as you pass through the doorway and it opens out in front of you, into a console room far larger than anything the box should be able to hold. You're still reeling from this when the man starts to talk again, in the same impatient tone as before.

"Right, let's get the basics covered so we can actually get something done today. This is the tardis, it's bigger on the inside; I'd explain it, but your tiny human brain probably wouldn't understand anyway. It travels in time and space, which is important, because you have a lot of work to do. There was something else, what was it, what was it... Oh, names! Clara said I had to ask names, apparently it's rude not to, but it's a waste of time if you ask me" He trails off briefly, looking wistful, before carrying on like nothing had happened. "Anyway, I'm the Doctor, who are you?"

You mumble back a response, still in shock from the strangeness of the situation, but he appears satisfied with your answer, already turning to the central console, and flipping switches seemingly at random. You think you even see him hit it with a mallet at one point, but before you can be sure you're knocked to the ground as the whole box starts to shake.

"We, or rather, you, have a lot of work to be doing" the Doctor announces "Normally we can't meddle in history, but apparently you've been given a free pass to do what you please. If you'd stop lying there, then we can get going! Lots of times to do through, decisions to make, but most important right now... where do you want to go first?"

Question:
    Today's question is simple... will you be up for the challenge? And what scenarios would you like our tardis to come across?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Brief:
    As part of History Week, we're launching a TSR Tardis project. We'll be travelling through time with the Doctor, and visiting defining moments in history... but what happens after that is up to you!

Each day, you'll be given a scenario or point in history, and a question you'll have to answer. Maybe you'll be dropped in the day before Lincoln's Assassination, and asked what you;d do next; do you warn him? Or do you let events happen naturally?

There's no right or wrong answer, just whatever you want to do... whether you'd try and stop an event from happening, or would just have an explore of the time period, we want to hear about it, and the reasons why :holmes:

Scenario:
    You're walking home one day when you hear an unfamiliar rumbling coming from the alley behind you. Turning around you're unsure what to expect, though your curiosity has been piqued. What you definitely didn't expect to see, however, is the site that greets you... in the alleyway, you can see an old police box, the kind you're sure was removed years ago. You don't have long to reminisce on this though, as already the doors are opening inwards, and a scowling older man, wearing sunglasses, leans out and calls out to you.

"Come on, do hurry up now, we don't have time to dillydally!" he says, gesturing for you to follow him back into the police box. "What are you just standing there for, didn't I just tell you we were in a rush?"

Deciding the day can't get much stranger, you walk obediently over to him, and proceed apprehensively into the police box. You look around you in awe as you pass through the doorway and it opens out in front of you, into a console room far larger than anything the box should be able to hold. You're still reeling from this when the man starts to talk again, in the same impatient tone as before.

"Right, let's get the basics covered so we can actually get something done today. This is the tardis, it's bigger on the inside; I'd explain it, but your tiny human brain probably wouldn't understand anyway. It travels in time and space, which is important, because you have a lot of work to do. There was something else, what was it, what was it... Oh, names! Clara said I had to ask names, apparently it's rude not to, but it's a waste of time if you ask me" He trails off briefly, looking wistful, before carrying on like nothing had happened. "Anyway, I'm the Doctor, who are you?"

You mumble back a response, still in shock from the strangeness of the situation, but he appears satisfied with your answer, already turning to the central console, and flipping switches seemingly at random. You think you even see him hit it with a mallet at one point, but before you can be sure you're knocked to the ground as the whole box starts to shake.

"We, or rather, you, have a lot of work to be doing" the Doctor announces "Normally we can't meddle in history, but apparently you've been given a free pass to do what you please. If you'd stop lying there, then we can get going! Lots of times to do through, decisions to make, but most important right now... where do you want to go first?"

Question:
    Today's question is simple... will you be up for the challenge? And what scenarios would you like our tardis to come across?
    Count me in!
    Back later!
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ooh! Hmm...

- Martin Luther King's speech and also his assassination

- The USA election in November and Trumps inauguration

- 9/11 and 7/7 attacks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Brief:

Scenario:

Question:
    Attachment 614360
    100% UP FOR ANYTHING DOCTOR WHO RELATED
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    -The Caligula era (idk why but I think it would be awesome for the Doctor to meet Caligula :rofl:)
    -The Egyptians :yep: maybe Cleopatra's death :mmm:
    -The boom of the 20's in the USA
    -The birth of Donald Trump
    ehehhe
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    meeeee
    i wanna go!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.