Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    aight so basically my teacher has asked me if I want to swap to computer science, and quit ict.
    my question is, will I be able to catch up?, as ive missed so many things.
    I have not got any experience with coding or anything so is it possible?
    also I want to be an engineer when im older, will this help?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Why is your teacher asking you to do this? What A levels do you plan to take and will those be affected by this change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Why is your teacher asking you to do this? What A levels do you plan to take and will those be affected by this change?
    The major reason why she asked me to swap was that our Ict class is literally failing except for me and another student. The school is apparently gonna leave Ict and we're gonna be doing some sort of btec.
    For a levels I know I'll do maths and and deciding between chemistry, physics and economy
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Ok in that case check what the entry requirements are for uni courses that you're interested in and choose accordingly. Your A level choices will be affected by whether you have a btec and how that's viewed by unis you're interested in.

ReputationRep:
    Ok in that case check what the entry requirements are for uni courses that you're interested in and choose accordingly. Your A level choices will be affected by whether you have a btec and how that's viewed by unis you're interested in.
    Yeah I'll check that, the thing is if I stay at Ict I'll only have 6gcses n 2btecs(they changed our Pe to btec for the same reason even though some people including me got really good grades). So my main concern is that will I be able to catch up? and how much revision should I do per day?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If you work hard and keep it at you should be fine. There's no set amount of revision you need to do. Make sure you've covered the syllabus understand all the concepts and have done some past papers.

ReputationRep:
    If you work hard and keep it at you should be fine. There's no set amount of revision you need to do. Make sure you've covered the syllabus understand all the concepts and have done some past papers.
    Thanks 👊, what about coding? What things do I need for that?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Sorry this isn't my area of expertise. Maybe look it up or talk to your teachers. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry this isn't my area of expertise. Maybe look it up or talk to your teachers. Good luck!
    Alright thanks you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.