Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Id class myself as a normal person?

What I like doing? Lots of things really..
    That's what I was thinking, you seem pretty normal to me. A bit like myself really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Well, they are quite simple really, anyone who has seen I, robot would know them.
    yes but that necessarily isnt the "geek" answer - the geek answer is also knowing who invented them. I don't actually know the 3 laws off by heart, and i haven't seen the film, however, I do know who invented the damn laws, and I fully intend on reading the book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Id class myself as a normal person?

What I like doing? Lots of things really..
    Interesting, you think it is better to be normal than to be different and unique. I would say why seem average and the same when you can make yourself stand out.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, you think it is better to be normal than to be different and unique. I would say why seem average and the same when you can make yourself stand out.
    yes but standing out as being an annoying worthless geek is just stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    yes but that necessarily isnt the "geek" answer - the geek answer is also knowing who invented them. I don't actually know the 3 laws off by heart, and i haven't seen the film, however, I do know who invented the damn laws, and I fully intend on reading the book!
    Issiac assimov (sp) invented them in the book, I robot.

ReputationRep:
    You can be normal but still be unique.

ReputationRep:
    Okay I am going to ask again...

WHAT IS WRONG IN BEING A GEEK?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

(cuz apparently many of u seem to have prob with it.....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    yes but standing out as being an annoying worthless geek is just stupid
    how are geeks worthless may I ask? Geeks do all of the jobs that normal people do not want to do. Without geeks you would not have widespread computer coverage or for that matter the internet, you cannot call geeks worthless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    You can be normal but still be unique.
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    Issiac assimov (sp) invented them in the book, I robot.
    Isaac Asimov.
    I knew he invented them and all. Haven't seen I, Robot, but I knew the first and asked my nerd of a bf about the other two as he likes that side of scifi.

ReputationRep:
    how are geeks worthless may I ask? Geeks do all of the jobs that normal people do not want to do. Without geeks you would not have widespread computer coverage or for that matter the internet, you cannot call geeks worthless.
    They have their uses, but most people wouldn't want to be one.

ReputationRep:
    I really cannot be bothered with this, I might just go and watch some more anime or finish sorting my magic cards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    A bit like public toilet cleaners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    Okay I am going to ask again...

WHAT IS WRONG IN BEING A GEEK?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

(cuz apparently many of u seem to have prob with it.....)

People just like picking on someone who's not normal. So when we're as rich as Bill Gates we can screw them over

ReputationRep:
    TBH I find it shocking that people who come on the internet just to argue with other people on the internet can deny being geeks.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I really cannot be bothered with this, I might just go and watch some more anime or finish sorting my magic cards.
    Want to roll some d20s and make up some new DnD characters? I can go rake out my campaign setting

ReputationRep:
    it's like the mid afternoon and we're posting on a forum called UK learning.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with being a geek if you are not an annoying geek. Unfortunately people who talk excessively about their favourite subject are annoying people. Personally I think I know enough "geeky" stuff to be classed a geek knowledge wise, but when your behaviour is geeky as well, that's what people don't like. Geeky knowledge is one thing, geeky behaviour is another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    That is your decision, but I am quite happy to be a geek.

ReputationRep:
    *pukes

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.