Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    My bf is more nerdy than I am but is still incredibly romantic and knows just what to say
    yup!....
    I am very nerdy but ppl love me!!!...(at least most ppl do...)

ReputationRep:
    I got 14%. Lower than I expected.

Bill Gates once said 'be nice to geeks. One day you will be working for one.'

I also find it quite funny how someone who spends so much time on an internet forum can class themselves as 'normal'. Almost 5000 posts - not exactly normal behaviour.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some assignments to do that aren't due in for 4 months.

Bye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Well, I read japanese comics and watch anime all the time (the manga is in english, but the anime is japanese language with english subs), it does not make you a geek really.
    Anime is part of geek-dom. Not a bad thing though.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god
    what's wrong with being a geek?
    It makes me CRINGE to see someone that does that kind of stuff

"Klingon is somewhat like german in the way it sounds very aggressive, but it does have many gramatical rules and the pronounciation is quite tricky in places."

you're a joke

ReputationRep:
    i have 'geekish tendancies', but was penalised for doing science a level and being female!

also i dont think there's anything wrong with 'geeks'. without them, very little in this world would happen, and i have great respect for anyone who knows programming languages etc

ReputationRep:
    Anime is part of geek-dom. Not a bad thing though.
    Are you very much nto anime then?

I would suggest the two best series I have seen recently are Full metal alchemist and naruto, although cowboy bebop, trigun, hellsing and Read or Die TV are good as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    oh my god
    what's wrong with being a geek?
    It makes me CRINGE to see someone that does that kind of stuff

"Klingon is somewhat like german in the way it sounds very aggressive, but it does have many gramatical rules and the pronounciation is quite tricky in places."

you're a joke
    Each to there own. I cannot understand why some people are obsessive about sports or soaps for that matter, but you do not see me ****ging them off.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I know one person who calls himself an ubergeek - hehehehe personally I think that's a ridiculous name. He knows how to hack computers, or so he says, and he learns latin and apparently speaks 1337 (that's the code for leet, isn't it?) and he owns computer humour T-shirts but he doesn't like maths.

Now everyone's gonna think I hang around with geeks aren't they? Btw why do people call geeks, geeks? It's just cus they're interested in computers and maths! I don't hear people calling artistic people "weirdo" - geeks are just normal people!

ReputationRep:
    I've only had access to a bit. I really liked Cowboy Bebop though. And I read megatokyo and have both books.
    I won't go near Hellsing because my bf's hentai-loving friend cosplays as Alucard. {shudder} Pervert.

ReputationRep:
    Ummmmm...

28% Dammit.

But I have excuses:

- I was a geek, I admit it. I gave it up in Year 8/9. The test is mainly made up of 'Have you ever' questions. Of course I have.
    - I used to run a webdesign business
    - I liked Chemistry (a lot)
    - I love learning
    - That does not make me a geek.
    - I'm competent enough with a computer not to crash it every 5 minutes.
    - I used to be an IRC kiddie when I was 12. Then I got a social life.

Anyway...*back to Maths*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Actually I know one person who calls himself an ubergeek - hehehehe personally I think that's a ridiculous name. He knows how to hack computers, or so he says, and he learns latin and apparently speaks 1337 (that's the code for leet, isn't it?) and he owns computer humour T-shirts but he doesn't like maths.

Now everyone's gonna think I hang around with geeks aren't they? Btw why do people call geeks, geeks? It's just cus they're interested in computers and maths! I don't hear people calling artistic people "weirdo" - geeks are just normal people!
    Hear hear!
    Possibly not that normal. But what is normal?

ReputationRep:
    20.5 .... im a geek and not ashamed ... most of the things tht i scored on make me smarter than most ppl ... hehe ...

reality check .. im a geek ... ****

ReputationRep:
    I've only had access to a bit. I really liked Cowboy Bebop though. And I read megatokyo and have both books.
    I won't go near Hellsing because my bf's hentai-loving friend cosplays as Alucard. {shudder} Pervert.
    hmmm, cosplay..... as alucard, that is...strange. I would prefer being spike from cowboy bebop personally.

ReputationRep:
    I would never cosplay as Faye! Every bloke who sees her fancies her!
    Maybe Seraphim from megatokyo Cute little wings and I've got the right hair colour

ReputationRep:
    I would never cosplay as Faye! Every bloke who sees her fancies her!
    Maybe Seraphim from megatokyo Cute little wings and I've got the right hair colour
    Why not go for sakura out of naruto (watch it, best anime ever).

ReputationRep:
    Cos I haven't seen it obviously
    And Seraphim rules Got the skirt and shoes too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Ummmmm...

28% Dammit.

But I have excuses:

- I was a geek, I admit it. I gave it up in Year 8/9. The test is mainly made up of 'Have you ever' questions. Of course I have.
    - I used to run a webdesign business
    - I liked Chemistry (a lot)
    - I love learning
    - That does not make me a geek.
    - I'm competent enough with a computer not to crash it every 5 minutes.
    - I used to be an IRC kiddie when I was 12. Then I got a social life.

Anyway...*back to Maths*
    Your MSN screen names suggest otherwise :rolleyes:

Anyway I got 7.10059%, so i'm merely a poser

ReputationRep:
    Cos I haven't seen it obviously
    And Seraphim rules Got the skirt and shoes too
    I wouldn't mind seeing someone cosplaying ein, twould be very funny.

ReputationRep:
    I would go as Radical Ed and bring my puppy teddy then . Ein is adorable!

ReputationRep:
    I would go as Radical Ed and bring my puppy teddy then . Ein is adorable!
    ed and ein are the two best characters in my opinion and the best episode has to be the mushroom samba.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.