Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I joined a business course at 19 which I'm paying for (I think it was £5k) and my teachers threaten the class all the time like saying they will kick you off if you don't improve but if they said it to me could they actually kick me off since I paid?
    I'm put with people aged 16-19 I think so it's not the adult learning based course
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Kenniii)
    I joined a business course at 19 which I'm paying for (I think it was £5k) and my teachers threaten the class all the time like saying they will kick you off if you don't improve but if they said it to me could they actually kick me off since I paid?
    I'm put with people aged 16-19 I think so it's not the adult learning based course
    It depends what their rules are. What are their rasons for wnating to get rid of you? Are you working diligently? Are you attending and staying out of trouble? How are your marks? They should be allowed to remove you, but read the rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It depends what their rules are. What are their rasons for wnating to get rid of you? Are you working diligently? Are you attending and staying out of trouble? How are your marks? They should be allowed to remove you, but read the rules.
    The only reason they could kick me out is my attendance but I'm working on that now
    And the fact I got a merit when my target is distinction
    I'm just worried they'll take my money (leave me in dept) and kick me off
    I don't see how that could be fair
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Kenniii)
    The only reason they could kick me out is my attendance but I'm working on that now
    And the fact I got a merit when my target is distinction
    I'm just worried they'll take my money (leave me in dept) and kick me off
    I don't see how that could be fair
    I cant really comment the guidance will be in the rules and any agreement you made with them. Can they is different from will they. You should have your approach decided and explanation ready.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.