The Student Room Group

ALLAHU ACKBAR at a "women's march"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Underscore__
You're conjuring up images of jihadi John and Germaine Greer in a wrestling match with Trumpence

Posted from TSR Mobile

jihadi john isn't a representation of islam, he was a roadman anyway
Reply 21
Original post by Willy Pete
Nah, can't do it.

I don't blame you. You've been brainwashed by what the media shows you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by emerald7770
I never understood why it's so difficult for some people to spell it the right way. And I know you know the correct spelling. And it's not Koran, it's Quran.
It can be either, and Coran or Kuran (if you are being really pedantic, it should be Qur'an), just as Muslim and Moslem are both acceptable spellings.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Angry Bird

Just because he's a road man doesn't mean he doesn't represent Islam
Loads of Muslim roadman in ilford
Reply 24
Original post by Mathemagicien
Allahu akbar doesn't mean anything bad, it just means "Allah is great". Trump is anti-islam, so naturally islamists are anti-Trump, so naturally feminists are pro-islam.
If there had been over a decade of extremist Christian terrorism, where attackers yelled "in the name of the Lord" before each atrocity, those words would now have a definite negative context amongst non-Christians. And understandably so.
Disgusting, vile SJWs using my religion for their ego. **** them.
Reply 26
WOW. The government ought to plough a larger portion of our tax brackets into commissioning more rigorous mass-education, clearly. We're all genuinely at risk in living in a society whereby your very neighbour, believe it or not, may well harbour the view that proclaiming "God is great" is terrorist alignment.
Original post by Trapz99
Just because he's a road man doesn't mean he doesn't represent Islam
Loads of Muslim roadman in ilford

roadmen muslim do not come into my head when I think of islam..
Original post by HAnwar
It's also what millions of Muslims say before peacefully standing up in prayer.

Try picturing that instead!

That's cool HAnwar, but come on, they've dyed their hair purple, they're riddled with piercings and they have short buzzcuts. I think Muslims are good people and I have huge respect for you, but you guys need to introduce some quality control ASAP because your birthrate, average IQ and general reputation is gonna tank if that's what the average Muslim woman looks like, heck it even sounds like a cat in heat. You say she has to pray at the back of the Mosque, I wouldn't even allow her into the Mosque.
(edited 7 years ago)
Big deal, clearly.

Spoiler

Reply 30
Original post by Muad_J
WOW. The government ought to plough a larger portion of our tax brackets into commissioning more rigorous mass-education, clearly. We're all genuinely at risk in living in a society whereby your very neighbour, believe it or not, may well harbour the view that proclaiming "God is great" is terrorist alignment.
Context is important

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by HAnwar
It's also what millions of Muslims say before peacefully standing up in prayer.

Try picturing that instead!
It's about context, and I know how keen you are on that.
To the majority of non-Muslims, it is a phrase associated with Islamist terrorism. It would be odd to ignore this and continue to claim that shouting it in public should cause no concern amogst some non-Muslims.

Let's face it, there is actually no reason to shout it in public, so in context, those doing it are obviously deliberately trying to attract attention and get the ignorant kuffar all worked up. Why else? (And please don't say that it is part of the call to prayer. Do you seriously expect me to believe that Muslims don't know what time prayer is. This is the 21st century, not the 7th! Do factories and mines still blow a hooter when it is time to start and finish work?)
Reply 32
Yes he was. Not a representation of all Muslims or all interpretations, obviously. But he was a Muslim who was representative of a literalist and retentionist interpretation of Islam, one that is followed ideologically, if not practically, by many millions of Muslims.
Original post by QE2
Yes he was. Not a representation of all Muslims or all interpretations, obviously. But he was a Muslim who was representative of a literalist and retentionist interpretation of Islam, one that is followed ideologically, if not practically, by many millions of Muslims.

maybe for u but not for me
Reply 34
maybe for u but not for me
Perhaps you should have read the whole post, not just the first three.

You see, if you expect your subjective declarations on who is Muslim and who isn't to be taken seriously, then you must also expect the same for the declaration of others. Remember that every sect considers themselves to be the only True Muslims and everyone else to be kuffar and munafiq. It is best to accept that they are all Muslims, and then appreciate their differences in doctrine. Perpetuating sectarianism helps no one.
Those are some ugly women.
Reply 36
Original post by l'etranger
That's cool HAnwar, but come on, they've dyed their hair purple, they're riddled with piercings and they have short buzzcuts. I think Muslims are good people and I have huge respect for you, but you guys need to introduce some quality control ASAP because your birthrate, average IQ and general reputation is gonna tank if that's what the average Muslim woman looks like, heck it even sounds like a cat in heat. You say she has to pray at the back of the Mosque, I wouldn't even allow her into the Mosque.

Lol I don't think the women in that video were Muslims.
But anyways my point was that the phrase Allahu Akbar has been abused a lot, but the majority of Muslims use it in a peaceful manner :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trump isn't stupid, he knows militant Islamists are his problem not the average Muslim

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
No more evidence is needed to show just how confused these women actually are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wōden
Remember all the women's marches after the revelations about the Rotherham rape gangs? No, me either.

Your point being? Maybe go organise one. You don't have to be a woman to protest against something as grotesque as rape. Get some people together and go on a march :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending