Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No more evidence is needed to show just how confused these women actually are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    Remember all the women's marches after the revelations about the Rotherham rape gangs? No, me either.
    Your point being? Maybe go organise one. You don't have to be a woman to protest against something as grotesque as rape. Get some people together and go on a march :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Those are some ugly women.
    The munter with the megaphone reminds me of one of the guys that did the daft stuff on on Soccer AM #fugly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    But anyways my point was that the phrase Allahu Akbar has been abused a lot, but the majority of Muslims use it in a peaceful manner

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The swastika and the "Nazi salute" were commonplace and respectable throughout the world before they were "abused" by a certain group. They still haven't recovered!

Before WW2, all Americans did the straight-armed "Bellamy" salute while saying the Pledge of Allegience, but because of its adoption by European fascists, they changed it to the "hand over the heart" gesture.

Use and perception often changes, and sometimes you just have to accept that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I never understood why it's so difficult for some people to spell it the right way. And I know you know the correct spelling. And it's not Koran, it's Quran.
    I'm sorry.

Spoiler:
    Show

Aloha Snackbar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    The swastika and the "Nazi salute" were commonplace and respectable throughout the world before they were "abused" by a certain group. They still haven't recovered!

Before WW2, all Americans did the straight-armed "Bellamy" salute while saying the Pledge of Allegience, but because of its adoption by European fascists, they changed it to the "hand over the heart" gesture.

Use and perception often changes, and sometimes you just have to accept that.
    Variation on a theme ...........Robertson's Jam?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I don't think the women in that video were Muslims.
    But anyways my point was that the phrase Allahu Akbar has been abused a lot, but the majority of Muslims use it in a peaceful manner

Posted from TSR Mobile

The majority are irrelevant, in this case.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I don't think the women in that video were Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know they do and yeah I have no idea why White women feel the need to appropriate Islamic culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    Variation on a theme ...........Robertson's Jam?
    Not really, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Not really, no.
    I would have thought that it is another example of a symbol, gesture, word or phrase that was previously in general use and not considered offensive but is now anything but. Whether it was because particular groups chose to take offence at it or hijacked it for other nefarious reasons the fact remains it/they can longer be used without it causing trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    I would have thought that it is another example of a symbol, gesture, word or phrase that was previously in general use and not considered offensive but is now anything but. Whether it was because particular groups chose to take offence at it or hijacked it for other nefarious reasons the fact remains it/they can longer be used without it causing trouble
    Ah, I see what you mean.
    Yes, it was once acceptable but is no longer, but the reasons for that are fundamentally different. Rather than being an inherently harmless and inoffensive symbol that was appropriated by the unnaceptable, the Gollywog was something that had always been questionable (look up its history in literature) and changing attitudes led to wider society realising that it was an offensive and unacceptable characterisation.

ReputationRep:
    You went full retard.....

Yep, feminists supporting the biggest group of backwards misogynists in the world makes so much sense.

On planet libtard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    If there had been over a decade of extremist Christian terrorism, where attackers yelled "in the name of the Lord" before each atrocity, those words would now have a definite negative context amongst non-Christians. And understandably so.
    your first somewhat non-negative post i've read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    your first somewhat non-negative post i've read
    Negative or positive is a subjective judgement, but you'll find that they are all reasonable and rational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Allahu akbar doesn't mean anything bad, it just means "Allah is great". Trump is anti-islam, so naturally islamists are anti-Trump, so naturally feminists are pro-islam.
    If they actually knew how Islam considers women's worth they would distance themselves from that toxic ideology immediately. Or so I hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I never understood why it's so difficult for some people to spell it the right way. And I know you know the correct spelling. And it's not Koran, it's Quran.
    Koran is a perfectly acceptable spelling variant.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/koran

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/koran

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Negative or positive is a subjective judgement, but you'll find that they are all reasonable and rational.
    i'll rephrase that, your first post i've read from you which is not against what i believe in, namely not against islam:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    i'll rephrase that, your first post i've read from you which is not against what i believe in, namely not against islam:rofl:
    Well, it was, kinda.
    The analogy of Christianity was to show why some people are justified in feeling uncomfortable when they hear Allahu akbar.

Also, you should follow me, then you'd see many more posts that have nothing to do with Islam. Come on, join the party. Once I get to 100 followers, I'm going to get cake and bubbly for us all (some areas may not be covered)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    You went full retard.....

Yep, feminists supporting the biggest group of backwards misogynists in the world makes so much sense.

On planet libtard.
    Agreed. :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Well, it was, kinda.
    The analogy of Christianity was to show why some people are justified in feeling uncomfortable when they hear Allahu akbar.

Also, you should follow me, then you'd see many more posts that have nothing to do with Islam. Come on, join the party. Once I get to 100 followers, I'm going to get cake and bubbly for us all (some areas may not be covered)
    Oh God please dont start on me!

Alright I will, only if you follow me back! And I'm afraid I'll have to skip the bubbly-duh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.