Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys,

I got invited to a Goldsmiths Skype interview for BA Design which is on Wednesday. I'm super nervous, I don't know why! Would appreciate any tips you guys share, and would be so happy to hear past experiences if anyone has gone through a Goldsmiths interview.

Also, is it acceptable to have a few notes on the screen while you're Skyping? It wouldn't be obvious or anything, just a quick glance now and then. I've been trying to Google whether it's fine to have notes but could find nothing on it.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    CHEESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEy cake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkib99)
    Hiya guys,

I got invited to a Goldsmiths Skype interview for BA Design which is on Wednesday. I'm super nervous, I don't know why! Would appreciate any tips you guys share, and would be so happy to hear past experiences if anyone has gone through a Goldsmiths interview.

Also, is it acceptable to have a few notes on the screen while you're Skyping? It wouldn't be obvious or anything, just a quick glance now and then. I've been trying to Google whether it's fine to have notes but could find nothing on it.

Thank you
    Did you have your interview already? I bet having a few notes is just fine.

I'm gonna have my interview next friday and I'm also really nervous. I've never had a Skype interview before, or a uni interview for that matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plantbasedm)
    Did you have your interview already? I bet having a few notes is just fine.

I'm gonna have my interview next friday and I'm also really nervous. I've never had a Skype interview before, or a uni interview for that matter
    Hiya, sorry for the late response! I'm having it in a few hours and I'm totally freaking out even though I know I've got nothing to worry about. Yeah, I've never had an interview in my life... ever. Although it's exciting, it's still very nerve-wracking.

Wishing you the best of luck with your interview! What are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkib99)
    Hiya, sorry for the late response! I'm having it in a few hours and I'm totally freaking out even though I know I've got nothing to worry about. Yeah, I've never had an interview in my life... ever. Although it's exciting, it's still very nerve-wracking.

Wishing you the best of luck with your interview! What are you applying to?
    No worries :-) And good luck!

It is pretty scary, I keep frantically googling tips for Skype interviews... I'm trying to focus on thinking how much more stressed I'd be if I had to do the interview face-to-face though.
    I'm applying for different cultural studies programs in Leeds, Lancaster and Sussex and this interview is for Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plantbasedm)
    No worries :-) And good luck!

It is pretty scary, I keep frantically googling tips for Skype interviews... I'm trying to focus on thinking how much more stressed I'd be if I had to do the interview face-to-face though.
    I'm applying for different cultural studies programs in Leeds, Lancaster and Sussex and this interview is for Leeds.
    How was your leeds one? I've got one soon and I don't know what it will be like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisteria_xo)
    How was your leeds one? I've got one soon and I don't know what it will be like
    I was really nervous about the interview but it ended up being a lot more laid back than I had thought, and the interviewer was really nice.

She asked the basic "Why this particular university" and "Why this particular course" -questions but after that she mainly just told me things about the uni and the course, as in why it'd be a good choice, so in the end it wasn't really an interview.

From what I've gathered uni interviews vary a lot though so it can be hard to prepare. I'd recommend preparing for the basic questions and remembering to look at the camera so that the interviewer will feel like you're making eye contact. I recorded myself talking and noticed I hardly smiled and that I fidgeted a lot, so I tried to pay attention to those things during the interview.

It's a pretty unnatural situation as the interviewer's not really there, but just remember to breathe and be yourself Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.