Turn on thread page Beta

I have a strained trapezius watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am in serious pain after straining my trapezius. I'm doing stretches atm but should I still see a doctor? if there are any doctors here I would appreciate some advice, thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    I am in serious pain after straining my trapezius. I'm doing stretches atm but should I still see a doctor? if there are any doctors here I would appreciate some advice, thanks
    If you are in serious pain and it's the kind of thing that needs to be treated immediately then head to the A&E.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree (most respectfully, mind) with the suggestion to head to the ED with a strain. If you're already sure that it is a strain and nothing more serious like a dislocation or fracture, then A&E isn't going to be able to do anything more for you than you can easily do at home.

PRICE - plus anti-inflammatory painkillers (if you can take them) will see you right. Plus time! Obviously if it's been a while and it seems to not be improving at all, or getting worse, or you get some other symptoms then maybe make a routine appointment to see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the responses!

ReputationRep:
    would I be able to get a doctors note for this?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    would I be able to get a doctors note for this?
    You should be able to, but you may have to pay. What do you want one for? My surgery charges £25 for a note. Unless it's something that's actually part of their job as an NHS GP, for the NHS, then you gotta pay. I've seen it as low as £15, though my old doctor didn't charge if he felt sorry for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    You should be able to, but you may have to pay. What do you want one for? My surgery charges £25 for a note. Unless it's something that's actually part of their job as an NHS GP, for the NHS, then you gotta pay. I've seen it as low as £15, though my old doctor didn't charge if he felt sorry for you
    I have a project due in 4 weeks. I was thinking of using this as mitigating circumstances, would it get accepted? I haven't been able to sleep properly the past few days because of this.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I have a project due in 4 weeks. I was thinking of using this as mitigating circumstances, would it get accepted? I haven't been able to sleep properly the past few days because of this.
    I'm really not sure. I'm not in uni yet so haven't been through that process. That being said, I don't think my college would accept it. Has a doctor actually diagnosed you with a strained trapezius? If not, the doctor writing the note would have to see for his or herself first as well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.