Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Was the Women’s March just another display of white privilege? watch

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Sorry, wrong thread

ReputationRep:
    What was the total cost of repairs from the Women's March?

ReputationRep:
    Just throwing it out there ....

Some 'players' have a reputation for robust tackling so 'referees' are more likely to show a yellow or red card for a 'challenge'

Players - the community
    Referees - Dibble
    Challenge - Historical protest MO

I fully appreciate there is element of chicken or egg in but the players can't complain tooooooooooooooo much at the refs if they keeping deliberately doing Norman Hunter or Chopper Harris-esque tackles

ReputationRep:
    I think you just love watching controversial threads and seeing arguments.

I don't think you actually have a particular view point you just like to poke a fire. I have a feeling we would get on very well at a football game I am not into football I just like watching people get wound up over it.

Whenever I watch a game I just pray for a penalty that should never be a penalty in the 90th minute that ruins the whole game for the other team preferably with a red card. my Dream is the referee been sent off for punching a player in the face but that will never happen.

Although what i really want is two countries playing each other who are at war or really hate each other. Israel vs Iran or North Korea vs South Korea. What I want is whole countries passionately hating each other and taking way to seriously every single incident on the football pitch. Then some blatantly unfair decision that ruins the game for one side and has everyone fuming on that side.

I kind of really enjoyed England going out to Iceland because it wound so many people up. I actually predicted it which made it all the sweeter when people said why didn't I put my money where my mouth was. Then I could say actually I did and showed the bet. ah sweet sweet times.

ReputationRep:
    I can see her point, though it's not just the case that white people marching get an easy ride from the police - the general level of co-operation and collaboration is also important. For example, the alter-globalisation movement's protests, and many Occupy protests, received a brutal reaction from the police despite being predominantly white, in large part because the protesters weren't playing along - they were often refusing to even communicate with the police unless they absolutely had to.

ReputationRep:
    White privilege?

Black people aren't allowed to stage pointless, virtue signalling marches in the US?

Who knew!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.