Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have applied for Stirling uni to do BA (hons) Social work and I got to the second stage and sent that off on 13/01/2017 , does anyone know how long before I hear back?

I have also applied to Strathclyde, UWS and Caledonia but still not heard anything back either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph1x)
    Hey,

I have applied for Stirling uni to do BA (hons) Social work and I got to the second stage and sent that off on 13/01/2017 , does anyone know how long before I hear back?

I have also applied to Strathclyde, UWS and Caledonia but still not heard anything back either
    Hey, I sent back my work for the second stage on 16/01/2017 and i've also heard nothing at all from Stirling.

I've applied for the same unis as you have and have only had an email from them to say they got the application.

Hopefully hear something soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiastoddart)
    Hey, I sent back my work for the second stage on 16/01/2017 and i've also heard nothing at all from Stirling.

I've applied for the same unis as you have and have only had an email from them to say they got the application.

Hopefully hear something soon
    That's reassuring that no one else is heard, hopefully we hear something soon.

As soon as I posted this I got a notification from ucas and got invited to an observed group discussion from UWS.

Hate all this waiting lol

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if there is a third stage for Stirling or are the offers based on the stage 2?

Thats good, good luck with it! Im starting to get impatient 😬

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if there is a third stage for Stirling or are the offers based on the stage 2?

I don't think there is, I have been checking online and on there website it says it's a two stage process so I think if we pass the second stage then we have a place.

Thanks, dreading the group discussion as it's about an article and then questions will be asked on the day. Need to get researching!

Hopefully you will hear soon and good luck x

ReputationRep:

Also if you hear anything you can let me know

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Cali, Strathclyde or UWS? I've also applied for social work and I'm getting nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonmcc13)
    Has anyone heard anything from Cali, Strathclyde or UWS? I've also applied for social work and I'm getting nervous
    I have heard from Stirling and UWS, submitted second stage task for Stirling and an interview with UWS but not heard anything else, I hate all this waiting about lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I'm nervous knowing you've got an interview from uws and I haven't heard a thing! Are you coming straight from school?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I'm nervous knowing you've got an interview from uws and I haven't heard a thing! Are you coming straight from school?
    Hopefully you hear something soon, they have till 31st march I think to give a decision. Nope I'm 25 and just finished my HNC in social care, are you a school leaver?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully you hear something soon, they have till 31st march I think to give a decision. Nope I'm 25 and just finished my HNC in social care, are you a school leaver?
    No i done a hnc in social sciences last year and I'm now doing my nat 5 maths! I also work as a befriender for additional needs children, in a child residential home and also with young offenders! So I'm hoping my experience is enough

ReputationRep:
    No i done a hnc in social sciences last year and I'm now doing my nat 5 maths! I also work as a befriender for additional needs children, in a child residential home and also with young offenders! So I'm hoping my experience is enough
    Yeah I'm sure you have more than enough experience, hopefully you hear soon. You can let me know if you hear anything, I'm hoping to hear from Stirling before I need to go to my UWS interview, dreading it because it's a group discussion on an article that we have to read before attending! So anything could be asked really, so nervous

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm sure you have more than enough experience, hopefully you hear soon. You can let me know if you hear anything, I'm hoping to hear from Stirling before I need to go to my UWS interview, dreading it because it's a group discussion on an article that we have to read before attending! So anything could be asked really, so nervous
    Oh god that is scary! Do you get the article before hand? Strathclyde is the one I really want to get into but it seems like one of the hardest to get into! I've known of girls who have worked in residential childcare who have had degrees in early education who have been rejected from all their choices! So competitive!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god that is scary! Do you get the article before hand? Strathclyde is the one I really want to get into but it seems like one of the hardest to get into! I've known of girls who have worked in residential childcare who have had degrees in early education who have been rejected from all their choices! So competitive!!
    Yeah you get the article but that's it, so iv been tying to think of questions and answers but it's so hard. Yeah iv head that's the hardest, I want into Cali and Stirling as my back up but just need to wait and see, I have applied for 1st and 2nd year at Cali so would be ideal if I could go straight into second year but I know there is limited spaces. That's scary that even with a degree you aren't guaranteed a place.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you get the article but that's it, so iv been tying to think of questions and answers but it's so hard. Yeah iv head that's the hardest, I want into Cali and Stirling as my back up but just need to wait and see, I have applied for 1st and 2nd year at Cali so would be ideal if I could go straight into second year but I know there is limited spaces. That's scary that even with a degree you aren't guaranteed a place.
    Hopefully we will defo get into at least one of our choices! I think what I'd do if I got given that article is to have a chat about it with the social workers I work with, I don't know if that's cheating lol but anything to secure a place!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we will defo get into at least one of our choices! I think what I'd do if I got given that article is to have a chat about it with the social workers I work with, I don't know if that's cheating lol but anything to secure a place!!!
    Fingers crossed! Yeah that's true, I don't think it's cheating just looking for some help 😀 I don't have that advantage so I'm googling everything to try understand it lol

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed! Yeah that's true, I don't think it's cheating just looking for some help 😀 I don't have that advantage so I'm googling everything to try understand it lol
    Sorry can I ask if your interview is soon or is it a few weeks away? Just incase they have still to ask people to attend? I phoned up and asked uws for an update on my application as they said they were still considering it and then I asked if they interview for it and they said no? How weird that you've got one and they told me they don't do that

ReputationRep:
    Sorry can I ask if your interview is soon or is it a few weeks away? Just incase they have still to ask people to attend? I phoned up and asked uws for an update on my application as they said they were still considering it and then I asked if they interview for it and they said no? How weird that you've got one and they told me they don't do that
    It's the 27th of this month the interview. I heard back from them on the 24th January. Yeah that's weird how they have said that, not sure about that one. When did you phone up?

ReputationRep:
    It's the 27th of this month the interview. I heard back from them on the 24th January. Yeah that's weird how they have said that, not sure about that one. When did you phone up?
    It was last week! And the girl on the phone ensured me it doesn't require an interview, I just find it strange that some people have been asked to an interview and some haven't I would have that I would of been rejected by now if they weren't continuing with my application as it was sent away on the 3rd of November! Best of luck with it though!

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 617516
    This was the letter I got, maybe the girl on the phone has made a mistake. I never sent mine till 1st December, maybe they are working back the way and you hear soon
    She must of got muddled up with another course maybe social sciences! Oh well there's still time for me to be invited along also they could have more than one date that they are interviewing! I also phoned Cali and they said they are still making their way through the applications and I should hear shortly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.