Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's swansea uni like? Last time I checked it was 34th on the league table??

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying at Swansea uni this year and love it.
    I'm very satisfied with the teaching, modules and lecturers on my course. I would say it's of a pretty good standard.o The libraries are good as well - I've always found the books I needed and they have a nice café in Singleton library.
    As for uni life, there are plenty of things to do on Singleton campus - the "main" campus, which is in Swansea and hosts all subjects except Engineering, Management and Sports Science. Lots of sports and societies, JC's bar (the SU bar) is pretty good apart from the fact that they stop serving food quite early (6pm-ish). The SU club is all right, I haven't been there much, it's a bit smallish. Otherwise it's a very lively place and not far from the beach which is decent. As for the other campus (Bay Campus, on the other side of Swansea) it's really modern and recent but I don't know about uni life over there.
    Swansea itself as a city is very uneven. There are really nice places like the Marina and Uplands (the student, "trendy" area). City centre is a bit run down in some places. But nightlife in Swansea is great, in Uplands, at Sin nightclub or on Wind St (the street in city centre with lots of pubs/clubs, packed with students on Wednesday and Thursday nights).
    I would definitely recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    Come and have a look. League tables doesn't really represent how well a certain course will be.

Teaching quality is actually quite good for most courses, the location here is great but to be honest you won' go to the beach much (I don't recommend going there during the night whilst drunk lol). Sports club are great, and there are a lot of societies which holds lots of socials at least once every 2 weeks.

There's a lot of development going on here in particular at Bay Campus (e.g. new modern department buildings, more accommodation, more facilities), and it seems it'll finish within 2yrs.

Nights out at Swansea is pretty good. You'll meet way too many people on Wind Street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Come and have a look. League tables doesn't really represent how well a certain course will be.

Teaching quality is actually quite good for most courses, the location here is great but to be honest you won' go to the beach much (I don't recommend going there during the night whilst drunk lol). Sports club are great, and there are a lot of societies which holds lots of socials at least once every 2 weeks.

There's a lot of development going on here in particular at Bay Campus (e.g. new modern department buildings, more accommodation, more facilities), and it seems it'll finish within 2yrs.

Nights out at Swansea is pretty good. You'll meet way too many people on Wind Street.

Im looking into studying law there.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Chloemarie2205)
    Im looking into studying law there.
    We offer a variety of variations of Law at Swansea-our joint degrees can also incorporate a year abroad which is a really popular choice with students. The course will equip you with skills in lateral and analytical thinking, communication and problem solving as well as various other skills.

For more information please follow the link:

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/law/undergraduate/law/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 3, 2017
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.