Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,
    I'm a student from Kuwait and I've applied for the foundation year into 5 universities for a major of Civil Engineering. I've gotten 4 offers and 1 still has not replied yet. I have a conditional offer from the Universities of Leeds, Manchester and Sheffield. Additionally I have an unconditional offer from the University of Bath. Newcastle is yet to reply.

I was wondering which of the above would be best for me. I'm not into drinking but I am into partying. I would go to a party with everyone drinking although I would not drink myself. That being said I don't mean that I'm a party animal, 1 party a weekend or so. Can I get your opinions on the pros and cons of the previous universities?

I've had my heart on the University of Bath prior to the offer, but i'm starting to hear people say it's not that good and it is quite boring; is this true? Can anyone please elaborate and let me know if the education is better, worse, or equal to the other universities?

That's the only one i really have information on. I plan to work in Kuwait after I am done, can anyone let me know what the pros and cons of bath AND the other universities are? And can anyone please compare or let me know from personal experience?

As an international student, money wont be a problem as I will have a sponsor, furthermore forget about language difficulties, I can say that won't be a problem. It's not just the foundation year i'm interested in, I will continue in that university and go for the Bachelors Degree hopefully.

Insight and evaluation would be extremely appreciated! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if you're doing civil engineering you won't have time for anything more than 1 party per weekend anyway. But how often the people around you will party is largely dependent on your accommodation anyway. Every uni has really social areas and other quieter areas.

Also none of the unis you applied to are bad. Idk what the the person who told you bath was bad is talking about.

What I will say though is that the foundation year is really boring. Once you start the proper course you'll be really interested. But foundations usually bore people to death. When I had open days last year I liked Bath and Manchester the most. In the end I opted for Manchester though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.