Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 2A* 6A 2B at GCSE and I was wondering if these are good enough for Durham. I am studying English, Law & History at A2/AS Level.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye.16)
    I got 2A* 6A 2B at GCSE and I was wondering if these are good enough for Durham. I am studying English, Law & History at A2/AS Level.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you want to study at Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    What do you want to study at Durham?
    Either Law or History

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Either Law or History

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It looks like it doesn't matter what your GCSEs are, so long as you got at least a C in GCSE maths and English

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered a place at Durham to study Classics with 1A* 6As and 3Bs so you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hadd0ck)
    I have been offered a place at Durham to study Classics with 1A* 6As and 3Bs so you'll be fine!
    Well Done & okay thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Either Law or History

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Both law and history are super competitive and notorious in rejecting very good applicants. Many people who get offers from Oxford or Cambridge in these subjects are rejected from Durham.

Make sure your AS grades, A2 grades but most importantly your personal statement are solid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Both law and history are super competitive and notorious in rejecting very good applicants. Many people who get offers from Oxford or Cambridge in these subjects are rejected from Durham.

Make sure your AS grades, A2 grades but most importantly your personal statement are solid.
    Okay thank you. As I'm only doing an AS in one subject and just mocks within the school for my other two - would I still submit my mock grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you. As I'm only doing an AS in one subject and just mocks within the school for my other two - would I still submit my mock grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you don't submit mock grades.

That's not to say you shouldn't work hard though, your teachers will unlikely predict the grades required for Durham if you get poor mock results.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.