Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I recently failed my A Levels, so should I move to the IB curriculum?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I failed my A Levels last year, i got a C in Mathematics and 3 Es in Biology,Chemistry, Physics respectively which took me 2 years to complete in Chittagong, Bangladesh.

I had an aim of studying MBBS, but I still havent lost hope.

Will it be a wise decision to switch to start studying for the International Baccalaureate??
    Or is the IB more complicated than A Levels??

I WISHED to study MBBS in EUROPE/ASIA OR Australia but they all require A Levels or IB.

I also had a wish to study in CANADA in the University of Toronto Or Unversity of British Columbia Or McGill University to major in Life Sciences (Biology/Biochemistry) those also require A Levels/IB or anything equivalent.

I dont want to do foundation course as it wont lead me to any MBBS degree or it will be beyond my expense and also i think foundation course wont get me enrolled into any of the 3 Canadian Unversities Ive mentioned above.

So as I failed my A Levels will it be a wise decision to study IB in Canada or where I live in Bangladesh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaifRahman)
    I failed my A Levels last year, i got a C in Mathematics and 3 Es in Biology,Chemistry, Physics respectively which took me 2 years to complete in Chittagong, Bangladesh.

I had an aim of studying MBBS, but I still havent lost hope.

Will it be a wise decision to switch to start studying for the International Baccalaureate??
    Or is the IB more complicated than A Levels??

I WISHED to study MBBS in EUROPE/ASIA OR Australia but they all require A Levels or IB.

I also had a wish to study in CANADA in the University of Toronto Or Unversity of British Columbia Or McGill University to major in Life Sciences (Biology/Biochemistry) those also require A Levels/IB or anything equivalent.

I dont want to do foundation course as it wont lead me to any MBBS degree or it will be beyond my expense and also i think foundation course wont get me enrolled into any of the 3 Canadian Unversities Ive mentioned above.

So as I failed my A Levels will it be a wise decision to study IB in Canada or where I live in Bangladesh?
    IB is more difficult than A levels.

ReputationRep:
    The IB is much more difficult than A-Levels, take it from someone who switched from IB to A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    Don't switch to the IB, you'll probably regret it. If you failed your A-levels, then you are much more likely to fail the IB.

ReputationRep:
    IB is much more challenging than A-levels. To get an IB diploma, not only must you do 6 subjects, but you must factor in time for your extended essay, ToK and CAS. Time management and motivation is an essential.
    If I were you, I would re-sit my A-levels rather than start a more challenging course.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm sorry man but IB is way worse :/ good luck though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.