Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm starting my DE100 (psych) module in a few days!
    I'm excited to be a student again, but studying online is a bit confusing. I'm living in Germany and I need to work while studying, so I need some sort of proof of enrollment from the OU so I can apply to internships/student jobs etc.
    Also, it would be nice to have something like that so I can get student discounts by applying for an ISIC/ISEC or so. I know there's the option to get the NUS extra card thing, but I'm not sure how beneficial that would be considering I don't live in the UK.

So far I have a 'record of study' that's just a one page PDF saying what module I'm doing/how many credits with the OU logo on it. That doesn't seem very convincing to send off with job applications.

I had a chat with someone from the OU who didn't get what I was saying at all and just said the student email and being able to log into the student home were proof. I just want a nice looking official enrollment letter.

Has anyone else managed to get a student card/ISIC/NUS extra card when not living in the UK? Or an official enrollment letter and not just a personal record of study?

Thanks!

Side note: Anyone studying with the OU living in Hamburg, Germany???
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by assassikitty)
    Hi everyone, I'm starting my DE100 (psych) module in a few days!
    I'm excited to be a student again, but studying online is a bit confusing. I'm living in Germany and I need to work while studying, so I need some sort of proof of enrollment from the OU so I can apply to internships/student jobs etc.
    Also, it would be nice to have something like that so I can get student discounts by applying for an ISIC/ISEC or so. I know there's the option to get the NUS extra card thing, but I'm not sure how beneficial that would be considering I don't live in the UK.

So far I have a 'record of study' that's just a one page PDF saying what module I'm doing/how many credits with the OU logo on it. That doesn't seem very convincing to send off with job applications.

I had a chat with someone from the OU who didn't get what I was saying at all and just said the student email and being able to log into the student home were proof. I just want a nice looking official enrollment letter.

Has anyone else managed to get a student card/ISIC/NUS extra card when not living in the UK? Or an official enrollment letter and not just a personal record of study?

Thanks!

Side note: Anyone studying with the OU living in Hamburg, Germany???
    The NUS card now comes with free ISIC so would work for you, or if you want a standard ISIC you can also apply for one of those.

The OU don't really do official enrollment letters, but unless job applications are completely different in Germany I can't see it would be relevant anyway. If you do want something printed, then get your study record printed on nice paper. Once you've completed a few modules it will look better as it will show your module history and what you've passed.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.