Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm starting my DE100 (psych) module in a few days!
    I'm excited to be a student again, but studying online is a bit confusing. I'm living in Germany and I need to work while studying, so I need some sort of proof of enrollment from the OU so I can apply to internships/student jobs etc.
    Also, it would be nice to have something like that so I can get student discounts by applying for an ISIC/ISEC or so. I know there's the option to get the NUS extra card thing, but I'm not sure how beneficial that would be considering I don't live in the UK.

So far I have a 'record of study' that's just a one page PDF saying what module I'm doing/how many credits with the OU logo on it. That doesn't seem very convincing to send off with job applications.

I had a chat with someone from the OU who didn't get what I was saying at all and just said the student email and being able to log into the student home were proof. I just want a nice looking official enrollment letter.

Has anyone else managed to get a student card/ISIC/NUS extra card when not living in the UK? Or an official enrollment letter and not just a personal record of study?

Thanks!

Side note: Anyone studying with the OU living in Hamburg, Germany???
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassikitty)
    Hi everyone, I'm starting my DE100 (psych) module in a few days!
    I'm excited to be a student again, but studying online is a bit confusing. I'm living in Germany and I need to work while studying, so I need some sort of proof of enrollment from the OU so I can apply to internships/student jobs etc.
    Also, it would be nice to have something like that so I can get student discounts by applying for an ISIC/ISEC or so. I know there's the option to get the NUS extra card thing, but I'm not sure how beneficial that would be considering I don't live in the UK.

So far I have a 'record of study' that's just a one page PDF saying what module I'm doing/how many credits with the OU logo on it. That doesn't seem very convincing to send off with job applications.

I had a chat with someone from the OU who didn't get what I was saying at all and just said the student email and being able to log into the student home were proof. I just want a nice looking official enrollment letter.

Has anyone else managed to get a student card/ISIC/NUS extra card when not living in the UK? Or an official enrollment letter and not just a personal record of study?

Thanks!

Side note: Anyone studying with the OU living in Hamburg, Germany???
    The NUS card now comes with free ISIC so would work for you, or if you want a standard ISIC you can also apply for one of those.

The OU don't really do official enrollment letters, but unless job applications are completely different in Germany I can't see it would be relevant anyway. If you do want something printed, then get your study record printed on nice paper. Once you've completed a few modules it will look better as it will show your module history and what you've passed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.