Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has done the interview for primary pgce at MMU. What kind of questions were asked? I'd like to be as prepared as possible! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have my interview on Wednesday, have you had yours yet? If so, could you let me know how it went and what sort of questions they asked in the individual interview please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenmoorcroft)
    Hello,

I have my interview on Wednesday, have you had yours yet? If so, could you let me know how it went and what sort of questions they asked in the individual interview please?
    It went well. The interviewers were kind and the building was great. The presentation was kind of almost informal. In the individual interview, they gave scenarios and asked what we would do, for example, if a student wasn't paying attention, what would you do to get them to pay attention. They asked about a teachers day to day life, what I would do for myself after the day is done, to relax, and a big question I think you should prepare for is inclusion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4m4xx)
    It went well. The interviewers were kind and the building was great. The presentation was kind of almost informal. In the individual interview, they gave scenarios and asked what we would do, for example, if a student wasn't paying attention, what would you do to get them to pay attention. They asked about a teachers day to day life, what I would do for myself after the day is done, to relax, and a big question I think you should prepare for is inclusion!
    That's good to hear . What were some of the subjects for the presentation? I'm just about to go over inclusion! How long did the individual interview last? Thanks for the reply! I just don't want to be stuck not having any answers popping into my head!

ReputationRep:
    That's good to hear . What were some of the subjects for the presentation? I'm just about to go over inclusion! How long did the individual interview last? Thanks for the reply! I just don't want to be stuck not having any answers popping into my head!
    One person in my group spoke about lack of male teachers, the rest I can't really remember. What have you thought about? I bet you'll be fine. The individual interview wasn't long at all, and overall it wasn't long for me because the interview was in alphabetical order. I got stuck in the first two questions, I immediately forgot what they had even asked. Even if it takes you a couple of Erm's and err's you'll be fine. I got a place! If I did, anyone can haha

ReputationRep:
    I might talk about SEN pupils or safeguarding! That's a shame with my last name beginning with M! Congratulations well we'll see soon, I bet the whole afternoon flies by.

ReputationRep:
    I might talk about SEN pupils or safeguarding! That's a shame with my last name beginning with M! Congratulations well we'll see soon, I bet the whole afternoon flies
    by.
    Are you planning on going to MMU or?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.