Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My attendance record is at 56%. Am I ****ed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #WhereIsKristian)
    It's not stellar, is it... Does your course have a specific attendance requirement? Are you at uni, college doing A levels, school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    It's not stellar, is it... Does your course have a specific attendance requirement? Are you at uni, college doing A levels, school?
    School, This is over all 6 years. No real illness just skipping school. Just CBA

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Just get a note from a private doctor, explaining that you were unable to attend a lot due to health issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Nah. Just get a note from a private doctor, explaining that you were unable to attend a lot due to health issues.
    But its not health issues.

ReputationRep:
    But its not health issues.
    That's why I said a private one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Shut up troll
    Im not trolling, this is legit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Get in this room you troll

weeb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Why would any doctor fraudulently write notes? Unless they wanted to risk being hauled in front of the GMC. A private doctor is bound to the same standard of professional practice and ethics as any other doctor working in the public sector.

ReputationRep:
    weeb
    Excuse me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    Why would any doctor fraudulently write notes? Unless they wanted to risk being hauled in front of the GMC. A private doctor is bound to the same standard of professional practice and ethics as any other doctor working in the public sector.
    Well, the OP would obviously have to make stuff up, if he wasn't ill/suffering from any mental issues etc. I'm not saying that they would knowingly write a fraudulent note, knowing that the OP was perfectly healthy.
    It's all about persuasion and being convincing. But private GPs are way more likely to help you out. Speaking from experience.

ReputationRep:
    If your grades are being negatively impacted by your poor attendance then yeah. You might fail to get into uni if that's what you are aiming for. Most people who truant consistently tend to end up on the dole or dead-end jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Well, the OP would obviously have to make stuff up, if he wasn't ill/suffering from any mental issues etc. I'm not saying that they would knowingly write a fraudulent note, knowing that the OP was perfectly healthy.
    It's all about persuasion and being convincing. But private GPs are way more likely to help you out. Speaking from experience.
    Malingering lol. That's a mental health issue in itself.

I suspect OP cannot afford to see a private GP. Also doctors' notes tend to be contemporaneous to the issue at hand. It sounds highly unlikely that OP could retrospectively make something up that's is serious enough to account for 6 years of poor attendance. In any case, a doctor's note won't solve poor grades.

ReputationRep:
    Ive dropped the majority of my subjects due to this

ReputationRep:
    Ive dropped the majority of my subjects due to this
    Have the school threatened to kick you out or something similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblyminty)
    Have the school threatened to kick you out or something similar?
    nah

ReputationRep:
    nah
    You don't sound overly concerned? What are your future plans?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just grow up and go to school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.