Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pressures of modern society Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't cope.

How do you do it?

Social media, the news, everything I wanna blow it all up a take a forever retreat somewhere tranquil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    I can't cope.

How do you do it?

Social media, the news, everything I wanna blow it all up a take a forever retreat somewhere tranquil.
    You sound like you need to go on a retreat somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    You sound like you need to go on a retreat somewhere!
    exactly *fuse pops*

ReputationRep:
    I don't cope :sad:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't ever cope. I hide under my duvet cover :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I don't cope :sad:
    :hugs: hard work

ReputationRep:
    How do you do it?
    By not giving a flying ****.

My life is mine, nobody else's, and I don't care what anybody else does with theirs. I'm just getting on with my life as best I can, because as long as I'm happy, nothing else really matters.

When you realise that, everything clicks into place pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    By being constantly cynical about everything. Makes everything a lot easier to rationalise.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: hard work
    :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show

This just shows how much pressure there is.
    https://the-hollywood-gossip-res.clo...enner-bull.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    By not giving a flying ****.

My life is mine, nobody else's, and I don't care what anybody else does with theirs. I'm just getting on with my life as best I can, because as long as I'm happy, nothing else really matters.

When you realise that, everything clicks into place pretty well.
    I agree but in the process I'm at risk of alienating everyone, acting like I'm master of the universe and then falling flat on my face. I need other people but the majority of them are selfish idiots... as a result of trying to keep up with the rat race.

guilt guilt guilt

ReputationRep:
    I don't really use social media. That's helps a lot. It's all contrived BS and full of unattainble standards set by the money-driven beauty and fashion industries.

ReputationRep:
    I agree but in the process I'm at risk of alienating everyone, acting like I'm master of the universe and then falling flat on my face. I need other people but the majority of them are selfish idiots... as a result of trying to keep up with the rat race.
    There's not feeling competitive towards other people and there's not engaging with them. They're two separate things.

Treat people as they generally are; disposable. Contrary to romantic popular opinion, there'll be very few people who stick with you for life, so if they don't care about you then you shouldn't care about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblyminty)
    I don't really use social media. That's helps a lot. It's all contrived BS and full of unattainble standards set by the money-driven beauty and fashion industries.
    well said

ReputationRep:
    You are living the easiest life of any of our past generations. Quit complaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    There's not feeling competitive towards other people and there's not engaging with them. They're two separate things.

Treat people as they generally are; disposable. Contrary to romantic popular opinion, there'll be very few people who stick with you for life, so if they don't care about you then you shouldn't care about them.
    true I think I'm in a particularly fragile state at the moment so I choose not to interact with people for fear of not being able to be neutral to them let alone nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metal Gear)
    You are living the easiest life of any of our past generations. Quit complaining.
    cop out answer

ReputationRep:
    cop out answer
    It's true. You've never had to work 12+ hours a day, you've never been conscripted in the army, you've always had a heated house, food on your plate.

ReputationRep:
    It's true. You've never had to work 12+ hours a day, you've never been conscripted in the army, you've always had a heated house, food on your plate.
    That is a lot of assumption based on no evidence.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying the pressures are worse than previous generations doesn't take away from the fact that they are pressures and thus a cause of stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    That is a lot of assumption based on no evidence.
    Based on this being a student forum where most people are middle class sheltered kids, it's a pretty good assumption.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.