sorry who's quote is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    sorry who's quote is that?
    Yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Yours.
    Talking out of your arse now aren't we Privilege.

The only people who make out that being poor is something to be proud of (if these imaginary people in fact exist) are people who have the privilege of looking in on it rather than actually experiencing it.

ReputationRep:
    Talking out of your arse now aren't we Privilege.

The only people who make out that being poor is something to be proud of (if these imaginary people in fact exist) are people who have the privilege of looking in on it rather than actually experiencing it.
    My family are reasonably well off now, but I assure you this was far from the case back in the day and I've probably had more ''extreme'' experiences than most poor kids. You would never think it now, I'm well spoken, have a nice haircut and don't at all act like I came from the ''streets'', but I've probably had more negative experiences than whatever nonsense ghetto kids talk about. I don't make a big thing of any of it, not because I'm ashamed, but because I would hate to be the sort of person to act as if there is nobility in being ghetto or working class and I won't be lectured by pathetic kids with equally pathetic hardluck stories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metal Gear)
    It's true. You've never had to work 12+ hours a day, you've never been conscripted in the army, you've always had a heated house, food on your plate.
    That's a bit narrow minded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metal Gear)
    It's true. You've never had to work 12+ hours a day, you've never been conscripted in the army, you've always had a heated house, food on your plate.
    People actually died so I don't have to work 12 hour shifts. I'm not about to **** all over their grave. I'm going to enjoy the freedoms those in past won for me.

ReputationRep:
    wow get out of my thread then. You do not know my life. Your words scream 'I'm privileged and have never had to struggle in my life yet I think I know what's best for people who have problems because the problems are alllllllways their own fault'. Not to mention your username.

Naive fool.

I am taking action every day thank you very much but it doesn't make the struggle less of a struggle. Everyone needs support and that's why I made this thread. Just to know I'm not the only one, because that's comforting. And if you don't care about being comforted when you're low then you're not human.
    So even though I've lived in a council house, I'm privileged? You're just angry at me for pointing out the painful truth- it's hard to accept accountability for yourself, I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    So even though I've lived in a council house, I'm privileged? You're just angry at me for pointing out the painful truth- it's hard to accept accountability for yourself, I know.
    If you say so... Then you have false consciousness.

Believe me I'm definitely accountable to myself and I work very hard every day to improve my situation and it remains unaffected by offensive assumptions like yours.

You just carry on... I know I do.

ReputationRep:
    My family are reasonably well off now, but I assure you this was far from the case back in the day and I've probably had more ''extreme'' experiences than most poor kids. You would never think it now, I'm well spoken, have a nice haircut and don't at all act like I came from the ''streets'', but I've probably had more negative experiences than whatever nonsense ghetto kids talk about. I don't make a big thing of any of it, not because I'm ashamed, but because I would hate to be the sort of person to act as if there is nobility in being ghetto or working class and I won't be lectured by pathetic kids with equally pathetic hardluck stories.
    I have not given you any pathetic hard luck story. I am also not 'street' or 'ghetto' acting as you call it and I am still poor yet I have a degree and plan to carry on in life. If you really have experienced poverty you wouldn't say these things because you'd know that everyone has their way of coping with difficult situations and who are you to judge then... the lucky one is who! Just because you aren't poor now doesn't give you the right to people still struggling through it.

I literally cannot believe that you're passing such harsh judgment on people who're less fortunate than you are it just shows you're a bit of an air head really with few desirable qualities other than the pounds in your pocket and never have I seen an uglier person than one who relied on money as their most attractive attribute. Good luck with that.

ReputationRep:
    I can't cope.

How do you do it?

Social media, the news, everything I wanna blow it all up a take a forever retreat somewhere tranquil.
    You don't you're forced to do it or you lose the game. You're born a player you die a player.

ReputationRep:
    That's good. Btw Most of us don't brag about our pasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    That's good. Btw Most of us don't brag about our pasts.
    Someone should rename the thread to "Who has the biggest sob story?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    You don't you're forced to do it or you lose the game. You're born a player you die a player.
    hmm whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Someone should rename the thread to "Who has the biggest sob story?"
    not being funny but noone's given any stories never mind sob stories you goon...

Even if they had don't read them a gerrout of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    you're weak

ReputationRep:
    I have not given you any pathetic hard luck story. I am also not 'street' or 'ghetto' acting as you call it and I am still poor yet I have a degree and plan to carry on in life. If you really have experienced poverty you wouldn't say these things because you'd know that everyone has their way of coping with difficult situations and who are you to judge then... the lucky one is who! Just because you aren't poor now doesn't give you the right to people still struggling through it.

I literally cannot believe that you're passing such harsh judgment on people who're less fortunate than you are it just shows you're a bit of an air head really with few desirable qualities other than the pounds in your pocket and never have I seen an uglier person than one who relied on money as their most attractive attribute. Good luck with that.
    :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    :nopity:
    exactly someone needs to get out the violin for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    you're weak
    you're precious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show

This just shows how much pressure there is.
    https://the-hollywood-gossip-res.clo...enner-bull.png

?
    ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    ?
    ?
    I'm saying it's unrealistic because before she got it she was bullied then when she got it people still attacked her.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.