Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    My mum's booked a family break but my passport's about to expire. It'll be my 1st adult passport so need someone to sign the form + photo. This in itself is ok, it's the bit where the countersignatory has to put down their passport number that seems to frighten people off.
    If I get the photo + form signed by a nurse or lecturer etc, but they don't put in their passport number (valid British passport, not expired) - can the passport office not just check their database to get the passport number? Do you think this will cause hassle, in that they'll send me back my form?

    I think the passport number of the countersignatory is mandatory, so whoever signs it needs to provide this information:


    Page 10.
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.