Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My mum's booked a family break but my passport's about to expire. It'll be my 1st adult passport so need someone to sign the form + photo. This in itself is ok, it's the bit where the countersignatory has to put down their passport number that seems to frighten people off.
    If I get the photo + form signed by a nurse or lecturer etc, but they don't put in their passport number (valid British passport, not expired) - can the passport office not just check their database to get the passport number? Do you think this will cause hassle, in that they'll send me back my form?

ReputationRep:
    I think the passport number of the countersignatory is mandatory, so whoever signs it needs to provide this information:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...t_Oct_2016.pdf

Page 10.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.