The Student Room Group

Why does Linguistics at Cambridge have such low student satisfaction? (50%)

The linguistics undergraduate course at Cambridge seems to have a very low student satisfaction of 50% according to Which University (or 54% depending on which percentage you use). This is very low compared to the student satisfaction for other linguistics courses (including at Oxford) which are in the 85-100% range.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is? It's of concern to me as I'm thinking of applying to Cambridge for linguistics next year, when I'll be in Year 13.
Original post by armyoctopus
The linguistics undergraduate course at Cambridge seems to have a very low student satisfaction of 50% according to Which University (or 54% depending on which percentage you use). This is very low compared to the student satisfaction for other linguistics courses (including at Oxford) which are in the 85-100% range.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is? It's of concern to me as I'm thinking of applying to Cambridge for linguistics next year, when I'll be in Year 13.

Look on unistats at the breakdown of questions (not just overall score on which).

Then if you're still worried - ask the department directly. It could be a simple problem that affected one year group or something outside the department control (college problems/timetables) or a range of other issues that they may or may not be addressing already.

Quick Reply

Latest