Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi so I am currently studying geography biology maths and chemistry and am predicted to get all A's. I am fascinated by evolution and the animal kingdom and so think zoology would be a perfect option however I have been told that it is not a good degree and will not get me a job in the future I don't care about money but would like to work with animals in some way I was wondering if there was a better degree I could take I don't think I'm clever enough for veterinary science although it was what I originally wanted to take. Also if anyone knows of any jobs that I could do after a zoology degree that would be really helpful thank you!!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Irrespective of whether you think you're clever enough for vet med do you meet the entry requirements and can you get the required work experience? Zoology is a good degree to work with animals but have you considered vocational qualifications and just getting experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Irrespective of whether you think you're clever enough for vet med do you meet the entry requirements and can you get the required work experience? Zoology is a good degree to work with animals but have you considered vocational qualifications and just getting experience?
    Most vet med courses want A*AA and I would prefer to keep studying, I would like to get a PhD in Zoology or Biology but I just don't know if zoology is a course that will allow me to get a good research job in the future
    Thank you for your advice!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    For a research job you need a good bachelors degree and then possibly a masters but definitely a PhD. What subject your BSc is in doesn't matter so pick what interests you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.