The Student Room Group

AQA AS Geography 1 & 2 GEOG1 & GEOG2 - 16 & 19 May 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Here's a thread for all of us resitting the AS AQA geography exams this year :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

what topics you all doing?
Reply 2
Hiii I'm doing rivers, coasts, population and health! What about you guys?
Reply 3
Original post by pezisland37
what topics you all doing?

Hiya, I'm doing rivers, cold environments, population and health
Original post by karatejenny
Hiya, I'm doing rivers, cold environments, population and health

Same! Just about getting through all the health contents before I tackle the beast that is cold environments lmao
Hi guys:h:

I'm studying rivers, coasts, population and energy
Has anyone managed to buy the textbooks ? I got my AS ones for 2 and 4 quid each on ebay lol, I'm doing the Edexcel A2 cause I moved sixth forms.
Reply 7
Has anyone got a copy or link for the 2016 paper? x
Reply 8
I'm doing Rivers, Coasts, Population, and Food
Reply 9
Guys I would seriously recommend the CGP AQA AS and A2 revision books. They've got all the info in, and some other case studies incase you can't remember the ones from last year!
Guys I would seriously recommend the CGP AQA AS and A2 revision books. They've got all the info in, and some other case studies incase you can't remember the ones from last year!

Yeah, I bought the A2 but really want to get the AS one as well
Reply 11

Same these books are great! They simplify the more complex processes really well and have basically everything you need.
Reply 12
Hey! I'm doing cold environments, rivers, population & health
Reply 13
Has anyone got practice papers from before June 2013 ? I can't seem to find them anywhere :frown:(
Reply 14
How does everyone manage their timing for the unit 1 paper ?
Original post by L1lly
Has anyone got practice papers from before June 2013 ? I can't seem to find them anywhere :frown:(

Sorry wouldn't let me upload ones any sooner as the file size exceeds what TSR allows or something...
Really dreading this resit, the entire class got U's last year due to poor teaching, so I'm having to work hard to learn all the proper content for AS and A2. I'm doing rivers, pop, cold environments and food supply (whether I'll actually get to food supply is another issue). Anyone suggest any solid case studies for cold environments and food supply, and your notes too? Would be really great if someone could help!
Original post by jessicaaa98x
Really dreading this resit, the entire class got U's last year due to poor teaching, so I'm having to work hard to learn all the proper content for AS and A2. I'm doing rivers, pop, cold environments and food supply (whether I'll actually get to food supply is another issue). Anyone suggest any solid case studies for cold environments and food supply, and your notes too? Would be really great if someone could help!

Hiya, I would recommend the CGP revision guides, they have case studies in them, some I find are easier/better than those I was taught in class. I got a U last year too, wasn't the teaching though, I just managed to make a mess of my paper!
Reply 18
Original post by jessicaaa98x
Sorry wouldn't let me upload ones any sooner as the file size exceeds what TSR allows or something...

Hiya! Thats alright, thank you for these! Do you also have the mark schemes? x
Hey guys,

I'm making a group chat for people resitting unit 1 and unit 2 on WhatsApp.
If you're interested dm me your phone number to be added. - The main purpose is to share resources.

Thanks,

Sam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending