Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First of all in terms of priorities rn this is about -10 but people (i.e the head girls and stuff) are starting to ask ppl about stuff and so we need to decide quite soon.
    idk whether to go and was wondering on opinions.

pro's:
    -Might be a nice closure to 7 years and never had a prom before
    -I like wearing smart clothes
    -Might be good and then ive missed out
    -I do have a couple close friends and it would be nice to spend time with them all together for the last time

con's:
    -Its an all girls school, so can be very *****y, this year in particular some ppl have been rather horrible to me
    -They will all wear dresses but i hate dresses and cant wear them anyway bc sh scars that noone knows about so dont exactly want that to be the abiding prom memory lol
    -Have anxiety and hate eating in front of ppl bc makes me more anxious
    -It is EXPensive like it seems so much when u add up tickets and whatnot

the end
    what is ur opinion
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Personally, they are not the kind of events I like to attend but considering the advantages and disadvantages you have presented I think it would be in your best interests to go to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    First of all in terms of priorities rn this is about -10 but people (i.e the head girls and stuff) are starting to ask ppl about stuff and so we need to decide quite soon.
    idk whether to go and was wondering on opinions.

pro's:
    -Might be a nice closure to 7 years and never had a prom before
    -I like wearing smart clothes
    -Might be good and then ive missed out
    -I do have a couple close friends and it would be nice to spend time with them all together for the last time

con's:
    -Its an all girls school, so can be very *****y, this year in particular some ppl have been rather horrible to me
    -They will all wear dresses but i hate dresses and cant wear them anyway bc sh scars that noone knows about so dont exactly want that to be the abiding prom memory lol
    -Have anxiety and hate eating in front of ppl bc makes me more anxious
    -It is EXPensive like it seems so much when u add up tickets and whatnot

the end
    what is ur opinion
    Hiya,
    I can see you concerns but I think go for it! You said you have a few close friends which means you can hang out with them all evening and have a really good time! and you're right it will be an amazing way to end school. Also I think you would regret it as everyone would be posting pictures etc. and you would feel left out.
    I get not wanting to wear a dress but if you have other smart clothes go for it and wear something else - this is likely the last time that you will have to see those girls who are horrible to you so it doesn't even mater what they think anymore. I'm having prom this year too and every year when other year's pictures from prom have come out there's always been girls wearing suits or other clothes and the fact is no one really cares!!
    In terms of money - yeah it is expensive but it would be worth it for the fun and memories you get.
    As for eating - it depends whether your prom has a sit down meal or not. but it would just be one part of the evening. but still would be nerve racking
    hope this helps!! good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.