Can I still get the GCSE results I want? And do these look like good GCSE results? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm completely new to the Student Room. But, as mentioned in the title, can I still get the GCSE results I want? Is it too late?

Here's a list of the subjects I'm taking and my personal target for each GCSE:

English Language - A
    English Literature - A* (it's really ambitious!)
    Maths - A
    Science (Additional) - C
    French - B
    German - B
    Geography - A
    History - C
    R.E - B

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of revision:

English language - Theres not much revision you can do, learn techniques and practice. You're either good at English Lang or not.
    English literature - Learning quotes from texts, practice questions etc. But if you want the A* i'd prioritise english literature.
    Maths - I received my mock results in Feb and got a 2+ in maths. Currently revising hardcore for maths and did a second set of mock papers and got a 6+. (Only 1 month of 1 hour a day maths revision) so basically you have enough time to get your A
    Science - Freesciencelessons, Primrose Kitten or christopher thornton on youtube if you want the best revision tools. Source: I got A*+ biology, A*+ chemistry and an A- in my mocks all using these revision resources.
    French - No idea
    German - No idea, idk why you would ever take 2 languages :c
    Geography - No idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Patron)
    In terms of revision:

English language - Theres not much revision you can do, learn techniques and practice. You're either good at English Lang or not.
    English literature - Learning quotes from texts, practice questions etc. But if you want the A* i'd prioritise english literature.
    Maths - I received my mock results in Feb and got a 2+ in maths. Currently revising hardcore for maths and did a second set of mock papers and got a 6+. (Only 1 month of 1 hour a day maths revision) so basically you have enough time to get your A
    Science - Freesciencelessons, Primrose Kitten or christopher thornton on youtube if you want the best revision tools. Source: I got A*+ biology, A*+ chemistry and an A- in my mocks all using these revision resources.
    French - No idea
    German - No idea, idk why you would ever take 2 languages :c
    Geography - No idea
    OT: Its 2 months until exams. Use the upcoming easter holidays to your advantage and revise upwards of 4-5 hours a day. Revise a MINIMUM of 1 hour a day after the holidays and 1 month before your first exam (22nd april is english literature) do 2 hours a day minimum

Thats my plan anyway. You've got more than enough time to achieve those grades IF you're very attentive with your revision. Hope this helped!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.