The Student Room Group

Should I join the Army cadets

I have been interested joining cadets for a while now and I've researched what it's about , but is it lots of hard work? As I want to join to experience new things and join in with team work but is it hard, and will you make new friends? Also what kind of activities do u do?

Sorry if that was confusing.
Reply 1
Original post by Dal.b10
I have been interested joining cadets for a while now and I've researched what it's about , but is it lots of hard work? As I want to join to experience new things and join in with team work but is it hard, and will you make new friends? Also what kind of activities do u do?

Sorry if that was confusing.

Do you want to join?

Have you visited their website?

Have you gone along to a local unit to see what they do (there's no obligation to join)?

There are lots of very easy ways to find out what you can do. And they're all easier than waiting for random internet people to reply to a forum post.
Reply 2
Original post by Drewski
Do you want to join?

Have you visited their website?

Have you gone along to a local unit to see what they do (there's no obligation to join)?

There are lots of very easy ways to find out what you can do. And they're all easier than waiting for random internet people to reply to a forum post.

Yes I think I want to join and have visited the website, I haven't gone to a local unit yet but I just wanted to see other people's opinions who have been before
Reply 3
I am an ex cadet and current instructor. Is cadets hard? That is a difficult question to answer. Some things are more difficult than others, but remember that it is a youth organisation and we would not exist if it wasn't enjoyable to do it! You will do many things including but not limited to: Fieldcraft, drill, navigation, skill at arms, shooting, expeditions, first aid, weekend camps, annual camps, adventure training, signals training etc.

Quick Reply

Latest