Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been interested joining cadets for a while now and I've researched what it's about , but is it lots of hard work? As I want to join to experience new things and join in with team work but is it hard, and will you make new friends? Also what kind of activities do u do?

Sorry if that was confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dal.b10)
    I have been interested joining cadets for a while now and I've researched what it's about , but is it lots of hard work? As I want to join to experience new things and join in with team work but is it hard, and will you make new friends? Also what kind of activities do u do?

Sorry if that was confusing.
    Do you want to join?

Have you visited their website?

Have you gone along to a local unit to see what they do (there's no obligation to join)?

There are lots of very easy ways to find out what you can do. And they're all easier than waiting for random internet people to reply to a forum post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Do you want to join?

Have you visited their website?

Have you gone along to a local unit to see what they do (there's no obligation to join)?

There are lots of very easy ways to find out what you can do. And they're all easier than waiting for random internet people to reply to a forum post.
    Yes I think I want to join and have visited the website, I haven't gone to a local unit yet but I just wanted to see other people's opinions who have been before

ReputationRep:
    I am an ex cadet and current instructor. Is cadets hard? That is a difficult question to answer. Some things are more difficult than others, but remember that it is a youth organisation and we would not exist if it wasn't enjoyable to do it! You will do many things including but not limited to: Fieldcraft, drill, navigation, skill at arms, shooting, expeditions, first aid, weekend camps, annual camps, adventure training, signals training etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.