Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump orders the wall to be built. Watch

• Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The Great Wall of America?

US President Donald Trump has sent an executive order for a wall to be built along the American border with Mexico. What do you think of this, TSR?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38740717

ReputationRep:
    Mexico will pay for the wall.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    So he says...

ReputationRep:
    Let him pay for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Let him pay for it
    You do realise Mexico isn't a person right?

(Original post by Fallen Star)
    So he says...
    They also said he would never be president

ReputationRep:
    "itll certainly be good for the united states itll certainly be good for mexico" how tho

ReputationRep:
    You do realise Mexico isn't a person right?

They also said he would never be president

Lol I was talking about trump,genius

ReputationRep:
    Lol I was talking about trump,genius
    Why would Trump pay for the wall, Mexico is paying for it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why would Trump pay for the wall, Mexico is paying for it :confused:
    Love>wall

I'm pretty sure Mexico have previously said they wouldn't be paying for any wall. It's not necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Love>wall

I'm pretty sure Mexico have previously said they wouldn't be paying for any wall. It's not necessary.
    Trump clearly said they will pay for it and he's the president.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me how the USA can just decide *they* want a wall along the border and then just make Mexico pay for it...?

ReputationRep:
    This isn't spectacular or unprecedented. A wall will benefit both nations and will be a step towards tackling issues that have persisted in the region for too long. It's being built and pushed well before the development of sufficient appetite for it amongst society and politics but Trump is a man of action and everyone should be applauding rather than pointing fingers towards bigotry, xenophobia and racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Can someone explain to me how the USA can just decide *they* want a wall along the border and then just make Mexico pay for it...?
    They're not going to just send the invoice, but by raising tariffs, Mexico will either pay for the way, or the boost to the American economy will pay off any losses accrued.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Can I start billing Mexico for things that they have nothing to do with? My phone bill is due at the end of the month, I'll just tell Three to invoice Mexico for it. They can also pay for my shopping next week too, why not? :yy:

Seriously though, this is just madness.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    They're not going to just send the invoice, but by raising tariffs, Mexico will either pay for the way, or the boost to the American economy will pay off any losses accrued.
    I see, I see
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Such a mad decision, expect people to be climbing over it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see the big deal about this to be honest. A wall across a border to keep out illegal immigrants is hardly a new thing. There are already walls, fences, sensors and cameras across parts of the US-Mexico border.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until Trump discovers that ladders exist.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Pulse.)
    This isn't spectacular or unprecedented. A wall will benefit both nations and will be a step towards tackling issues that have persisted in the region for too long. It's being built and pushed well before the development of sufficient appetite for it amongst society and politics but Trump is a man of action and everyone should be applauding rather than pointing fingers towards bigotry, xenophobia and racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How does it benefit Mexico?
    • Very Important Poster

How does it boost the US economy (other than for all builders and border guards etc)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.