Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump orders the wall to be built. Watch

• Very Important Poster

(Original post by l'etranger)
    Don't lie to me.

Given that Hillary Clinton also called for a ''barrier''across the southern border, I'm sure a wall will be a highly effective measure, it's only since it's become a political issue suddnetly it won't work or it's racist or whatever bull you're going to spout next.

If Trump cuts regulations and industrial output increases inflation will be reduced. You're acting as if you can take each policy in isolation when in actual fact you have to consider the interrelations between policies and the economy to understand the outcome holistically.
    Why do you feel justified in calling me a liar? Feel free to hul some more insults.
    I havent mentioned it being racist, that is you.

Im simply pointing out in immigration terms it looks impressive, but all the articles ive seen indicate it will be very expensive and that due to the terrain it will be much less effective. It you start a trade war with Mexico then both sides will lose as they retaliate, things become more expensive, especially labour and overall economic activity falls. It will be interesting to see if protectionsim wins out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Such a mad decision, expect people to be climbing over it.
    Like this?

(Original post by Palmyra)
      I don't support Republicans in Congress at all. I am far more worried about what they will do than what Trump will do.
      But what they will do and what Trump will do are not independent of each other. You support Trump in the knowledge that the Republicans are likely to control Congress until at least 2021, and probably beyond. The only real check on their power is a Democratic president, corporate or otherwise.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hydeman)
      But what they will do and what Trump will do are not independent of each other. You support Trump in the knowledge that the Republicans are likely to control Congress until at least 2021, and probably beyond. The only real check on their power is a Democratic president, corporate or otherwise.
      Indeed, I am sure Trump will rein them in and make them his *****es as he has done to everyone who has dared to oppose him throughout the process.

I would prefer Trump with a Democrat-controlled Congress, but you can't have it all.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LordJesus)
      How big do you think the wall will be?
      yuuuuuge

ReputationRep:
      55 feet, about 17 meters.

Try and find a ladder that tall :lol:

ReputationRep:
      It's a metaphor for his ego.
      and his hands/penis

ReputationRep:
      Funny isn't it.

Possibly the first politician in history to keep his campaign promises and the left are incandescent with rage!

I suppose they prefer broken promises like a closed down Gitmo.

ReputationRep:
      You do realise Mexico isn't a person right?

They also said he would never be president

Whats the name of the song in the video?

ReputationRep:
      I was imagining about 20-30m tall made of reinforced concrete, armed with pintle mounted machine gun every 50m or so.

And then small forts every 5km to ensure fast response to any hot spots along the wall, with a single large checkpoint fort in the centre which would then be heavy armed with a double air lock system.

That sounds about right in my head.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jay Caz)
      Whats the name of the song in the video?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrIYT-MrVaI

ReputationRep:
      It makes me feel so sneaky.

ReputationRep:
      It makes me feel so sneaky.
      Remind me of the Tom & Jerry cartoons back in the good times. :sad:

ReputationRep:
      Build the wall, make America grate again .

ReputationRep:
      Ever heard of this thing called tunnels?
      This isn't the middle east. The border is mountainous and it would take months to dig.

(Original post by Palmyra)
        Indeed, I am sure Trump will rein them in and make them his *****es as he has done to everyone who has dared to oppose him throughout the process.
        Reining them in implies that there's a lot of difference between the two. In reality, other than his big ticket issues (trade and foreign policy), he's inclined to give them pretty much everything they want.

I suppose we'll find out when he announces his Supreme Court nominee next month.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by 999tigger)
        1. They have already refused (unsurpisingly).
        2. That is a juvenile explanation.
        3. Wont that be difficult of he is deporting them all. Easily bypassed by sending it via another country or other people.
        4. If its a trade war and tariffs, then it will hurt the US as well.
        5. I like more complicated methods. Your best answer and solves everything.
        Lol you know I'm just joking, right? I don't even like Trump at much haha

ReputationRep:
        There won't be armed guards. You don't need to kill people for trying to go past a border.

Were you not the same person crying like a ***** when that nazi got punched?
        Well there are currently armed guards so I don't see why that would change. Trump should employ me to plan that wall, my idea is fabulous.

A nazi got punched? Have you got a video, that sounds great. PM it, don't want to derail the thread.

ReputationRep:
        It seems you lack social awareness. There are already many tunnels across the border.

The border isn't mountainous across the whole stretch. Do you Trump supporters just make up things as you go along?
        What does this have to do with social awareness? Do you know what it means? I know there are tunnels (not "many"), I didn't say anything about it being impossible :lol:

Anyway if it's so easy to make tunnels then the wall shouldn't be a problem

(Original post by Fallen Star)
          The Great Wall of America?

US President Donald Trump has sent an executive order for a wall to be built along the American border with Mexico. What do you think of this, TSR?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38740717
          All alone - or in twos
          The ones who really love you
          Walk up and down
          Outside the wall

Some hand-in-hand
          Some gathered together in bands
          The bleeding hearts and the artists
          Make their stand

And when they've given you their all
          Some stagger and fall - it's not easy
          Banging your heart against some
          Mad bugger's wall...

:flute:

:soap:

:fuhrer:

:pierre:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.