Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so in around two weeks time i will be choosing my options and these are the compulsory subjects that i have to take:
    -English
    -Maths
    -Triple science
    -Religious studies
    -Language ( French I chose )
    -Humanity ( History I chose )

we get to choose 2 other subjects but i am completely baffled about which ones i should choose. so far i am considering
    - economics
    - business studies
    -sociology
    -drama

a bit of extra info:
    - i hate maths with a passion but am fairly good at it
    - i have no problem with writing essays and enjoy subjects like RS that allow you to talk/debate
    - am really good at drama both in written exams and practically and enjoy it
    - i was looking forward to choosing a business related subject and generally enjoy business

ReputationRep:
    Business is extremely easy to get an A*, everyone in my class acheived it without too much hassle.

As for the second option, pick drama. It's quite difficult to choose subjects that you actually enjoy with a passion nowadays. The more interested your in it, the easier it is to score top marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumtaz234)
    so in around two weeks time i will be choosing my options and these are the compulsory subjects that i have to take:
    -English
    -Maths
    -Triple science
    -Religious studies
    -Language ( French I chose )
    -Humanity ( History I chose )

we get to choose 2 other subjects but i am completely baffled about which ones i should choose. so far i am considering
    - economics
    - business studies
    -sociology
    -drama

a bit of extra info:
    - i hate maths with a passion but am fairly good at it
    - i have no problem with writing essays and enjoy subjects like RS that allow you to talk/debate
    - am really good at drama both in written exams and practically and enjoy it
    - i was looking forward to choosing a business related subject and generally enjoy business
    I would do economics and business studies.My friend does drama and hates it, you have to learn lots of lines and the written work is hard he says and its hard to get good marks.Sociology is not really considered a good option,its seen as soft no offence.

ReputationRep:
    From someone who's just finished their GCSEs, I'd say choose something you enjoy. You'll want to work harder at it, and will end up probably getting a better grade. Your GCSEs don't really matter that much when choosing A levels, apart from some subjects where you would have had to do it at GCSE, for example a language, maths, science etc. I'd say go for drama and business, seeing as you'd enjoy them, and your GCSE options are pretty varied. You could probably take almost any A level with those GCSEs, even A levels in those subjects that you're considering without the GCSE in it.

ReputationRep:
    Choose something you enjoy and you are good at. Based on what you said; I would suggest Drama.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.