Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I dunno about compatible with modern music. I wouldn't say either of them are. But Freddie never really was. I mean Bohemian Rhapsody was never normal

ReputationRep:
    Freddie Mercury, no question about it.
    Queen would still be topping the charts now if they were all together.
    E.g. Queen + Five - we will rock you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    Freddie Mercury, no question about it.
    Queen would still be topping the charts now if they were all together.
    E.g. Queen + Five - we will rock you
    In terms of the charts, last time I looked they were beating The Beatles. No idea about The Rolling Stones. They had too many songs in the charts for like too short a time really.

Had Freddie not have past away I'm wondering how long they would continue before they disband. Any suggestions in terms of year? e.g 1999.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I dunno about compatible with modern music. I wouldn't say either of them are. But Freddie never really was. I mean Bohemian Rhapsody was never normal
    I guess their Greatest Hits 2 and 3 along with Made In Heaven album would be more compatible than most of the others today.

ReputationRep:
    WTG to turn this thread into an utter bore... I hope you are all proud... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Well Brian and Roger are still going. Provided nothing happened to any of them John may have still been the one to call it a day, but if Queen were still together that would probably have been staved off. I think they might still be going today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    What's wrong with it?

Greatest Hits 3 isn't the best example imo. They did make up numbers with remixes and all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)

I enjoyed this thread. Why did you find it boring?

MB

ReputationRep:
    Well Brian and Roger are still going. Provided nothing happened to any of them John may have still been the one to call it a day, but if Queen were still together that would probably have been staved off. I think they might still be going today.
    Do you think that it was right for John to call it a day though? Freddie might have wanted them to continue without him. I've not read any biographies yet though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    I think the thread title is self-explanatory...

for me it would have to be Jimi "the dead God" Hendrix, who knows what he could have acheived had he not died, apart from Slash, there are no more great guitarists left (thats right i said it).... innovation and advancement were traits of Jimi...
    Cliff Richard

ReputationRep:
    I think it was John's choice really. He was always the quiet private one so the one most likely to go first. However Brian and Roger were always fighting, so one day they might have got into a serious fight and it might have split the band. I think at the very least they would all have solo careers, especially Freddie. But I think they could still be going now.

ReputationRep:
    I think at the very least they would all have solo careers, especially Freddie. But I think they could still be going now.
    They do. I prefer Brian's solo career myself compared to Freddie's

ReputationRep:
    I've not really got into any of them. But I love Driven By You. They were all great writers and musicians. I may have gone the way of Brian; he was a guitarist and therefore a bit heavier. He was also a great singer imo (No-one But You shows both he and Roger were great).

You only need to look at the popularity of a certain musical to see how much people still love Queen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    I've played the flute for five years and the viola for two, and all it's done is reinforced my love of classical music!
    Oh lucky you,I'm dying to learn only one musical note which can be played on the flute,god! the music that the flute makes is really amazing ,really deep

ReputationRep:
    Tupac.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to choose Freddie Mercury too, there's no question about it. I think Queen would still be going now if he was still alive and well - they did last for 20 years as it was, with a few breaks to give Freddie, Brian and Roger time to let them do solo work. Freddie did repeatedly say he'd carry on making music for the rest of his life - imagine what other epics he could have come out with had he lived to old age, maw

ReputationRep:
    Well since everyone is being serious, I would bring back Aaliyah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Well since everyone is being serious, I would bring back Aaliyah
    Good .

ReputationRep:
    I may have gone the way of Brian; he was a guitarist and therefore a bit heavier. He was also a great singer imo (No-one But You shows both he and Roger were great).
    I prefer his singing in Who Wants To Live Forever

You only need to look at the popularity of a certain musical to see how much people still love Queen.
    Sorry being dumb here. Which musical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I prefer his singing in Who Wants To Live Forever

Sorry being dumb here. Which musical?
    Who Wants To Live Forever is one of my least favourite Queen songs...I prefer Brian's earlier work, like The Prophet's Song and Long Away...not so much significance maybe but a lot more interesting.

The musical - We Will Rock You!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.