Turn on thread page Beta

If you could bring back any dead musician who would it be? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Who Wants To Live Forever is one of my least favourite Queen songs
    No taste This song has a lot of meaning to it, unless other Queen songs.

The musical - We Will Rock You!
    I've heard of the song but didn't realise they did a musical.

ReputationRep:
    We Will Rock You - The Queen Musical (brilliant show. listening to it now)

I'd have to choose Freddie Mercury too, there's no question about it.
    Surprise surprise

ReputationRep:
    no other Webern fans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Surprise surprise
    He's my hero!

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No taste This song has a lot of meaning to it, unless other Queen songs.
    It's a good song, but not enough variation for me

ReputationRep:
    Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens

More seriously, John Lennon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I've heard of the song but didn't realise they did a musical.
    Dominion Theatre, Tottenham Court Road, London
    Monday - Saturday 7:30
    Saturday 2:30 (I think)

T-shirts extortionately priced (I wanted like 3 but only ended up buying one )

ReputationRep:

I bet Brian's raking it in he's always going on about WWRY in his Soapbox, he won't talk about anything else.

ReputationRep:
    I remember he was presenting a rock radio show on easyjet radio, and he was plugging it like mad on there. Similar to my plug, only without the t-shirt comment. They even played Hammer to Fall from it (one of my faves )
    It's a fab show though! I recommend it to all of you.

ReputationRep:
    I remember he was presenting a rock radio show on easyjet radio, and he was plugging it like mad on there. Similar to my plug, only without the t-shirt comment. They even played Hammer to Fall from it (one of my faves )
    It's a fab show though! I recommend it to all of you.
    I want to hear more from Roger! He was always the more fun one. Bet he has lots more to talk about
    Maw, Hammer To Fall. I love how they performed that at Wembley, it just...boomed.

ReputationRep:

Think I've heard of it before. I have enough tee shirts as it is

ReputationRep:
    I went to a tribute concert in May and saw a guy in a Magic Tour t-shirt - looked great! I bet those are quite hard to get a hold of now.

ReputationRep:
    it would have to be my boy pac aka tupac. rest in peace hommy.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a tribute concert in May and saw a guy in a Magic Tour t-shirt - looked great! I bet those are quite hard to get a hold of now.
    I think I have the Wembley concert one with print on both sides with some eagles on it or something.....

ReputationRep:
    I want a Flash shirt

The WWRY one is great though. They had these cool red ones too

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few have mentioned Hendrix, and although his soundlandscapes are more magnificent than I'll ever be able to process, the Jimi Hendrix Experience was dead before the man himself died. He had a short, intense and extremely energetic career, and his life got an abrupt and early ending. However, I don't think he as a musician would have made such a great difference after that - there was only ever place for one Hendrix in music history, his influence can hardly be overestimated, but his job was already finished by the time of his death. Popular music had been reformed.

John Lennon, however, is an example of the complete opposite. He became increasingly active in the period before he died, and the prospects looked rather light, had it not been for that single tragic event. What he could have been able to achieve had he lived a normal-length life is beyond what my imagination can cope with, however, I think it might have been quite significant.

One can of course argue that Hendrix might very well have gotten another inspirational period, just like the one Lennon had before he died. However, I don't see this as very likely. There are many people in world history who have been able to compose and play beautiful music, however, only an extreme minority has truly reformed music. Hendrix took it a step further, his American debut at Monterey was a true turning point of music history - revolution was taking place - almost at an instant. His genius made this single revolution possible, however, I've never been able to find any evidence of him having further giant leaps developing in his music.

...that's how I feel, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    My grandad. Well just for a little while anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if anyones mentioned them yet but Nick Drake and Jeff Buckley!

ReputationRep:
    Who is this Jeff Buckley person?!

ReputationRep:
    Jeff Buckley, son of countryish singer/songwriter Tim Buckley. Most famous (and, in my eyes, best) LP released by him is Grace, but the posthumously released Sketches ... (for my sweetheart the drunk) also has its good moments. The probably most distinct part of Buckley's songs is the moods he's creating, and a pretty magnificent vocal. He tragically drowned in the Mississippi, after spontanously having decided to have a swim.

If you want to find out more about him (or pretty much any other artist) check out www.allmusic.com (I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting the url?).

ReputationRep:
    Don't think you are
    I'll check him out on my all music cd. Don't think I've heard of him before .

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.