Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    General thoughts? If you've been how was the accommodation?

I've been offered a place and I'm torn between this and The University Of Sheffield.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What course will you study? I'm at liverpool now but going to sheffield in september instead, i just haven't enjoyed my time at liverpool at all, i have made very few friends, nobody on my course really knows each other and the uni hasn't done much to make sure we do through societies etc. i however know people who love liverpool and think its great

I didn't stay in uni accommodation, i instead went private which a lot of uni of liv students do as the on campus accommodation doesn't have enough spaces for the amount that want it and the off campus is a bus journey away and imo not the nicest

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've had a bit of a different experience to the above poster. I have found Liverpool very friendly, easy to make friends at and that the societies are extremely active and i've joined quite a few during my time at liverpool and took an active role in them.

Also just to clarify what the above poster said, the university does have enough space for all students as they guarantee every first year student can have a room if they apply but it may be off campus or on campus. I stayed in vine court accommodation in first year which is one of the most expensive halls because it is relatively new and really nice inside (ensuite, catered). I loved it but if i were to go back I would try and stay in the off campus accommodation (carnatic or greenback - which is being newly built for next year) as i think they're more sociable, even if they aren't as nice!

Try and apply for crown place or philharmonic hall, i've been in both and they're lovely inside (both built in the past 3 years so very brand new)

Happy to answer any questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.