Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heard mixed reviews about the nightlife at reading, opinions from students? Does it compare to say Norwich or Loughborough's nightlife?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adz3691)
    Heard mixed reviews about the nightlife at reading, opinions from students? Does it compare to say Norwich or Loughborough's nightlife?
    Hi,

I've never been out in Loughborough or Norwich, so unfortunatly I can't compare, but personally I would say we have really good nightlife in Reading. In town we have 5+ nightclubs, and a lot cater for us students. There are lots of themed student nights, which offer cheaper entry and drinks. You can go to one everynight of the week apart from Sunday night. Each nightclub is different and there is a wide range of music types, so it is likely you'll find one with your preferred music tastes. Also in town there is a fair few bars, pubs and cocktail bars, for when you fancy a more chilled night.

Also on campus we have our students union, which is top ten in the UK and holds Union Club nights on a Wednesday and Saturday, entry is £3 with an NUS and drinks are nice and cheap for example £2 a pint. Union nights are always great nights because there four different rooms, the main room, the RnB room, the Cheese room and mojos which is the pub type room. There is also 7 bars dotted around. The students union also host Dance nights throughout the term and we've had Blonde, Big Narstie and last week we had Redlight. We also have Comedy Central nights fortnightly and Quiz and Karaoke every Thursday. Along with other bars across campus near the halls, which have tv screens, pool tables and different events going on.

So there is lots going on nightlife wise. Feel free to ask me any other questions, whether its on nightlife, halls or our sports clubs and societies.

Emma
    3rd Year Human and Physical Geographer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.