Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do alot of white people dislike south asians? Watch

It's something i've noticed time and time again.
    For example, i overheard a bunch of white girls talking while looking at photos on their phone, then one of them goes 'you look asian!' Whilst the other got offended, implying it was bad to look like that.
    Another time I heard a few white students saying they didn't want to go to X uni as the number of asians (indians and pakistanis) 'put them off'.
    Or when the white people in my area began moving out as soon as asians started moving there. They (asians) were nice and welcoming too so it doesn't make sense.
    There's countless things i've heard people say but don't have time to post them all.
    I find it's more common among working class people, not as much with white middle or upper class.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    They smell of curry. You get a waft when they walk by.

Spoiler:
    Show

I am Asian, don't kill me pls.

ReputationRep:
    They aren't exactly the best looking people in the world
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    They smell of curry. You get a waft when they walk by.

Spoiler:
    Show

I am Asian, don't kill me pls.

Can confirm, am Asian too. Eau de Curry is my favourite obviously.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Can confirm, am Asian too. Eau de Curry is my favourite obviously.
    My friend makes me smell her in case she smells of curry :lol: this is why I stay away from the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    They probably don't like each other that much either so I wouldn't let it get to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serions871)
    The men, no. But I'm quite fond of South Asian women!

Tbh, those that are westernised (see: culturally integrated) tend to be relatable and pleasant in the same way as anyone else so not sure about the hate.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    For example, i overheard a bunch of white girls talking while looking at photos on their phone, then one of them goes 'you look asian!' Whilst the other got offended, implying it was bad to look like that.
    Another time I heard a few white students saying they didn't want to go to X uni as the number of asians (indians and pakistanis) 'put them off'.
    Or when the white people in my area began moving out as soon as asians started moving there. They (asians) were nice and welcoming too so it doesn't make sense.
    There's countless things i've heard people say but don't have time to post them all.
    I find it's more common among working class people, not as much with white middle or upper class.
    Not saying I condone this attitude at all, but it tends to be the case when a group of asians, especially Asian lads, are together, they start speaking to each other in their own language (Urdu, Arabic or Punjabi or whatever) that can intimidate a white person as we don't know what you're talking about and it's sorta this feeling of: "They're speaking in their own language so that I won't understand,"

When you combine this with the press fearmongering about terrorism and can become a legitimate feeling of being threatened and that you might get hurt.

I generally don't practice that sort of thing myself, but it's the train of thought as I know from speaking to a few friends about it in the past.

ReputationRep:
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/d1a5fb94...qo1_r1_500.gif
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    South Asians tend to be quite good looking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    South Asians tend to be quite good looking...
    Just my opinion. I think white people are a lot more attractive so naturally some of them would be offended if someone compares them to a south Asian.

Nor is the average white man/woman, lets be honest

ReputationRep:
    I think your generalising a lot here, you'll meet quite a few people from 'white' background that do like and get along with south asains.

I believe the is a cultural barrier but once you get to know them and they get to know you, you'll find you have a lot of similarity

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I find it's more common among working class people, not as much with white middle or upper class

Could it be that the working class people aren't as urbane, sophisticated or well educated as yourself and other middle or upper class people?

Or.

Could it be that the immigrants that end up living side by side with the white working class tend to be competing with them for jobs,houses, school places etc. unlike the nice Asian accountant living on your leafy avenue?

ReputationRep:
    What?

A lot of South Asian women are very attractive.

The men i will leave for others to judge.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    People will get along with people from different cultures as long as they are interested and want to learn more about your culture or want to get to know you as a person.

They don't necessarily 'hate' you, they just don't have the same cultural experiences as us so maybe are a bit apprehensive of starting a conversation because they don't know what to say or simply may not have any interest at all.

ReputationRep:
    damn

ReputationRep:
    a light smattering of jalapenos no longer epitomises "spicy food" ever since us the south asians moved in

ReputationRep:
    really?

Google sunny leone, bipasha basu, nargis fakhri, katrina kaif, shruti hassan, and Tammana Bhatia
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpgaishwarya rai.jpg (237.7 KB)
  2. File Type: jpgkatrina kaif.jpg (23.0 KB)
  3. File Type: jpgnargis fakhri.jpg (11.7 KB)
  4. File Type: jpgshruti hassan.jpg (495.5 KB)
  5. File Type: jpgsunny leone.jpg (49.5 KB)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.