Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying AS level .So I have asked some of my interested universities about GCSE results and due to some reason I only do 5 GCSE subjects which is far less than most others although I have achieve good grades in those will I be able to do like 5-6 more GCSE subjects and combine them with my old results(suppose I do well) because I know universities will be able to know their dates. Could this be act as remedy or since they could see the date difference it is not worth to combine the results as supplements? Thanks for the attention

ReputationRep:
    If you have a good reason why you have only 5 GCSEs, then I doubt many universities would mind as long as you explain it to them, as long as you had good AS results and A Level predictions. Most universities only ask for GCSEs in English language and maths. Is it more the number of GCSEs or the fact you think they weren't very good?

ReputationRep:
    It is just the number that is troubling me cause most successful applicants got 9-10 subjects each having at least A and i just have 5 of them although they are all at least A grade but I guess I could explain to universities. Thank you for the useful advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.