Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been in touch with the university regarding my concerns over them not requiring students have an ID when they sit exams and they have given a nonsense excuse.

My concern is that to sit an exam at Loughborough you simply walk through the exam hall door, sit at your desk and write the exam and then swiggle your name on a register sheet.

With the way they conduct exams, anyone could be sitting them. You could be paying a PhD student or expert in a field to do your exam and they would be none the wiser. They say they don't check as there are too many people but that is a nonsense excuse.

I've been to university before and sat exams in halls with hundreds of people. You needed to arrive early to get a seat and not cause a disturbance and could not sit an exam without an ID. Loughborough on the other hand are letting people into the halls up to seconds before the start time. Every Universities website I have checked has said you cannot sit exams without ID.

This is something you expect from a very bad university not a middling university like Loughborough.

My concern is that with no checks on who is writing the exam how will the accreditation bodies view the courses at Loughborough and if they found out would they pull accreditation?

I was told by Loughborough that if anything looked odd on the day then the person would be asked for ID and if they didn't have it then they would be asked to go to an office and bring ID then.

That's a terrible system. I'm a 30 year old male with a receding hairline sitting a first year undergrate exam surrounding by 18 years old. If that is not odd and in need of investigation on exam day that I don't know what is. How do the invigilators know that I have not been paid to sit there and write an exam for some 18 year old?

I find their exam process higher flawed and in need of changing to keep the integrity of the exam system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR71BB)
    I have been in touch with the university regarding my concerns over them not requiring students have an ID when they sit exams and they have given a nonsense excuse.

My concern is that to sit an exam at Loughborough you simply walk through the exam hall door, sit at your desk and write the exam and then swiggle your name on a register sheet.

With the way they conduct exams, anyone could be sitting them. You could be paying a PhD student or expert in a field to do your exam and they would be none the wiser. They say they don't check as there are too many people but that is a nonsense excuse.

I've been to university before and sat exams in halls with hundreds of people. You needed to arrive early to get a seat and not cause a disturbance and could not sit an exam without an ID. Loughborough on the other hand are letting people into the halls up to seconds before the start time. Every Universities website I have checked has said you cannot sit exams without ID.

This is something you expect from a very bad university not a middling university like Loughborough.

My concern is that with no checks on who is writing the exam how will the accreditation bodies view the courses at Loughborough and if they found out would they pull accreditation?

I was told by Loughborough that if anything looked odd on the day then the person would be asked for ID and if they didn't have it then they would be asked to go to an office and bring ID then.

That's a terrible system. I'm a 30 year old male with a receding hairline sitting a first year undergrate exam surrounding by 18 years old. If that is not odd and in need of investigation on exam day that I don't know what is. How do the invigilators know that I have not been paid to sit there and write an exam for some 18 year old?

I find their exam process higher flawed and in need of changing to keep the integrity of the exam system.
    I noticed during the last exam that the invigilators went to each desk and checked every calculator to make sure they were permitted.

I was told by someone from Loughborough that it would be too big an undertaking to go to each desk and check ID cards. I find that laughable. If you can go to each desk and check a calculator then you can check an ID card.

I'll be taking this further with someone more senior as I do not want my degree to become worthless by Loughborough loosing accredation due to poor management of their exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SR71BB)
    x
    That's strange, my university is extremely strict when it comes to ID and exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    That's strange, my university is extremely strict when it comes to ID and exams
    I know. All universities in the UK expect you to have ID to sit exams. That's why this is very serious.

Loughborough is extremely poor at many things that I won't go into here as it would be off topic but this one is very serious. I don't want my degree to become worthless due to their laziness.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.